IGNORED

My Swing (erniesilk)

erniesilk
Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's some things I see, but you've clearly got the athleticism to be really good. There's some weird things going on, but you clearly are feeling the whip through, which looks good. I think the fact that you move your head back so much is the first big problem. It's hard to get super consistent when your whole body is swaying WAY back during the back swing and then swaying forward again during the down swing. If you got yourself to stay centered during the back swing, then, like others have said, you need to not go back as flat. I'm working on that same problem right now, and you think that if you're hitting a fade you can't got back any steeper, but like someone else suggested it's actually easier to stay on plane on the down swing if you're not so far inside on the back swing. Though it'll feel like you're lifting your arms STRAIGHT up when you first start.

The last thing is that you're over doing the back swing a bit and letting your right elbow fly too much, getting into Daly territory. Obviously he proves that that can work, but that's another problem I've been working on and I've gotten MUCH more consistent (hence my career best 74 recently) by not letting the right elbow sneak behind me and having it almost feel like my right elbow position forces me to cut off my back swing. It feels like I'm taking a 1/2 or 3/4 swing, but the ball actually goes farther cause it's easier to transfer energy from your body that way, and the video camera has proved that even though I feel like I'm taking a super short back swing I'm actually just going back to parallel instead of way past and pointing right of target.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you very much, most complete answer I've gotten. I'll try all these things, but I have to wait a little while, don't want to do a massive overhaul in the middle of the high school season :P

Driver: Ping G5 Graffaloy Pro-Launch Blue 10.5*
2-Wood: Taylormade R9 TP 13*
3-iron: Titleist 609 CB
4-PW: Srixon i-701
Wedges: Hogan apex blade 50*Vokey Spin Milled 56*Cleveland 588 60*Ball: Whatever I find.

Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!