IGNORED

My Swing (erniesilk)

erniesilk
Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, here's my swing as of now...What do you think? comments questions concerns? I'm pretty concerned. I guarantee it's one of the longest swings you'll ever see haha.

I hit it about 265 yards, with a slight fade...unless I don't.

Driver: Ping G5 Graffaloy Pro-Launch Blue 10.5*
2-Wood: Taylormade R9 TP 13*
3-iron: Titleist 609 CB
4-PW: Srixon i-701
Wedges: Hogan apex blade 50*Vokey Spin Milled 56*Cleveland 588 60*Ball: Whatever I find.

Hey guys, here's my swing as of now...What do you think? comments questions concerns? I'm pretty concerned. I guarantee it's one of the longest swings you'll ever see haha.

Wow, thats one unique swing. Your so thin and flexible you can do all these crazy positions like a wet noodle.

Wow, thats one unique swing. Your so thin and flexible you can do all these crazy positions like a wet noodle.

hahaha yes that's one way to put it. But unique is just another word for "wierd" isn't it :).

Wedges: Hogan apex blade 50*Vokey Spin Milled 56*Cleveland 588 60*Ball: Whatever I find.

your backswing looks quite flat, and so your first move at the top of your backswing is up which is why you are coming into the ball vertically and fading, explaining the flat-->vertical swing. Ideally, you would want your backswing to be a little more upright, and your downswing a little lower and flatter to be more on plane.

In my Stand Bag:
Driver: 910 D2 9.5*- Stiff Ahina
3W: Snake Eyes

7W: Snake Eyes (IDK why i love this club)
Irons: 690.MB 3i-PW Stiff
Wedges: CG12 54*, Form Forged 900 60*

Putter: Versa White #1

Ball: Pro V1x *used and cheap/free*

Very long backswing, flat arm angle, lots of lateral head movement, club comes back way under the plane, your first move down is a bit over the top. Your impact position is pretty good though. Where in MA are you from?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Swing is way too flat. Work on keeping your hands more in front of your body while making a good shoulder turn.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

I think the hands are to far away from the body, they could get deeper. I believe this is causing you to be flat. at 0:17, i think you have officialy did a 180 on Furyk's swing, your golf shaft is parallel to the ground vertically ;b

I might say you are on your heels to much, maybe get the knees a bit straighter and get over top of the ball more, and drive that right shoulder under your chin more. Your left shoudler drives your head back off the ball causing your lateral motion in your backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

young man, you need to wear a belt when you wear your shirt tucked into your khakis. Keep up the good work!

haha caught me, 99% of the time I do. I have one in the first two videos!

Very long backswing, flat arm angle, lots of lateral head movement, club comes back way under the plane, your first move down is a bit over the top. Your impact position is pretty good though. Where in MA are you from?

yeah really long swing, and my head moves a ton. The first range is at Turner Hill in Ipswich, the second is at Ferncroft.

If you could get that right elbow tucked in at ALL, with all that flexibility...you'd be scary. If you're hitting a consistent 265 with your body going in 28 different directions....man....dude....whoa.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

hahahaha yeah. We're right in the middle of high school golf season, so I can't make any real big changes. Buit i appreciate the tip, I'll try it next spring

Dude, it's not a bad swing. Too flat as others have said. You also move away from the ball laterally way too much. Stay more centered over the ball and that will make a huge difference. As far as the length of your swing goes, I think if you take a look at my swing thread you will agree that I rival you

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

The takeaway is well on the inside, and this causes the club to come back down way too flat. Adding to that, the swing is well, well too long. This swing looks a lot like my old swing, and I never played that well with it, despite it working sometimes. It was hard as hell to get the club to come back shorter and steeper, but it makes a huge difference.

When you're a little older it'll shorten up. Once you get some muscle mass, the bones in your skull finish fusing together, and you're eating solid food (i.e. for your age and your height - recent growth spurt? - you're doing okay).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I kind of don't want to see you change anything and make it onto the tour with that swing.

Looks awesome, even if it isn't traditional...

...but this isn't good advice to follow.

I kind of don't want to see you change anything and make it onto the tour with that swing.

that's my plan hahaha. I'd be the anti-Furyk. WAY inside, first, rather than vice versa.

If you learn to tighten things up at your age, you'll be much more consistent and powerful as the muscle builds and you hone your swing.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!