IGNORED

Tour Edge Exotics Fairway Wood(s)

Tom
Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tom calls your bluff and you're a no-show. Golfro's mouth is to big for his bite.

i have a whole thread dedicated to my swing which Tom already address lol. feel free to go take a look at it.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...olfro%29/page4 maybe i jumped the gun a bit on calling him bullshit, but I'm still not convinced that a single driver company is the "best" in the industry. Whether or not he's a +2.2, I still disagree that the R9 is the single "best driver" out there. For one, his whole point of playing matching gear was refuted by his very own example of Fred Couples, who yes may use a R9, but by no means is his gear "matched". I don't bvelieve for a second that the pro's use matching gear because they think its the best. They do it because they're paid to. Very few pros are exceptions to this such as Couples, but again, he only uses the driver...none of his clubs match.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

golfro,

[COMMENTARY]
what is it with you? i was going to give you a pass, but when i read you i kind of get furious with what you try and say and i just can't issue the pass. you continue to step on your d*ck by issuing such cockamamie blather. first, you essentially tell me i'm a fool by playing "matching gear", later call suspect on my handicap, call me a thug then ask me to post up video of my swing. then you go silent. all of this because i start a thread on this website about a conversation i had with a tour edge rep at a golf store.

so what i play matching gear.. what does it matter anad why is it a concern to anyone? i personally believe the face changing technology in taylormade's driver and fairway metal products is the best thing [FOR ME]. taylormade doesn't pay me... and i tried another product (tour edge -the whole reason for this thread) but in the end (if you read it) you'll see i changed the shaft in my taylormade r9 3w, and it was just as long as the tour edge exotics. so i'm back to matching equipment. you can see clearly taylormade have set the industry trend because titleist, adams have just introduced their own face angle changing system that is modeled on taylormade's. why? because it works and players choose it - better players and players needing a little help. if you've never tried it you have no room to speak. and even if you have, you have no room to insinuate that it's not good because equipment choice is a personal thing. if someone said cleveland dst was not the best, you'd probably think they were just a bit too opinionated.

furthermore and unfortunately, you attack your own credibililty with what you write. saying simply that "they do it because they're paid to" is just bull. you literally have no idea what you're saying. blanket statements are just silly "everyone that drives a corvette has a small p*nis" . think about it.. you're saying 100% of tour pros that play matching equipment are paid to... statements like that are ridiculous. of the hundreds of tour pros out there that play matching gear, zero would say they were not 100% convinced they are playing with what they think are the best tools.

to show how ridiculous blanket statements are, other statements [which you might make] that follow your thought pattern:

all football players that wear russell helmets do so because they are paid to.
racecar drivers who drive with four matching michellin tires do so because they are paid to.
graphic artists who use apple computers do so because they're paid to.

what i would do if i were you - consider re-reading your posts before you push the "post" button and think about how you might sound from another's point of view.

Lastly, ( take this constructively but you probably will not and that is a shame because it is correct ) just watching/commenting on your swing for the instant that i did, (knowing what a consistently good golf score of 77 requires) you need to read Hogan's fundamentals book. the salient point Mr. Hogan mentioned in his bible-like book and that i am specifically referring to here is that what he thought looked like a good swing quite frequently falls apart in competition. well, when i see your golf swing it is not a swing built of many good/fundamentals. sure, there's a person, the ground, a stick and a ball but... i would bet cold hard $$ and issue a guarantee , that if you [golfro] played in any competitive situation, the pressure would cause your swing to break down and you would have a hard time getting within 23 strokes of a 77. you absolutely MUST have great swing dynamics to stand up to tournament pressure. Hogan proved it, touring pros prove it every weekend over 72 holes, Tiger proves it, pros who had a PGA Tour card that lose it prove it and i have discovered it myself many times over. my low rounds this season were a 66 - no tournament. my high round this season was a 86 - tournament played over 54 holes w/ a $900 entry fee and $10,000 first place check - a little pressue. that day where i shot a 86, my swing dynamics were off by a milimeter - i moved my ball position a hair back and was swaying on my backswing which caused me to move laterally forward on the downswing. AND i replaced my 3i with a NEW 3 hybrid due to thickness of bermuda rough. just those seemingly small things, and a +2 blew up to an 86. look at john daly... his swing is more proficient that yours or mine, he knows what it takes to win, yet this season as well as the last 5, he's been all over the map in terms of scores. yesterday he shot a 66 at the timberlake and when asked what happens when he doesn't go low all he can say is "i don't know - my ball just doesn't go where it should and a bogie turns into a double or triple and the next thing you know i'm out of contention."

well my friend, Hogan was 100% correct. what looks like a good swing quite frequently falls apart in competition...

[/COMMENTARY]

SLDR 8.5°, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 VC X SLDR 15°, Black Tie 8M3 X SLDR 17°, Black Tie HM3 95X Tour Preferred MC 4 - PW (DG Pro X100) Tour Preferred 52, 56, 50 (DG Pro X100) Daytona 62 Lethal

lol jesus christ. you sure do have a way of shitting your pants unlike anyone on a forum i've ever seen before.

ok here goes:

Players playing matching gear - YES THEY ARE PAID TO DO IT FOR THE MAJORITY (perhaps not 100% but the majority, yes). are you naive or just thick headed? Ever heard of endorsement deals? Ever wonder why Tiger switched everything (except putter) to Nike? Why Anthony Kim plays all Nike? Why Jason Day plays all Taylormade? Why Dustin Johnson plays all Taylormade? Mickelson all Callaway, Els all Callaway... Do you REALLY think its because they absolutely cannot play anything other than their own gear? Why else do you think theres a big f*cking TAYLORMADE sign on their bag?

To your second post, i've been playing golf 11 years, off and on, competitively in HS, 1 year in college, since I was 14 years old...but again, thanks for your assessment on my swing but i'm doing just fine lol. I play for fun with friends. I'm not playing to compete, i'm not playing to become the next PGA champ. I'm playing because I have fun playing a sport that I grew up playing. I know the flaws of my swing which is something I work on continually. but again, thanks, appreciate your asessment.

now relax. for one, welcome to the internet, people say things on the internet that you may not like. I already stated that I may have jumped the gun on calling your bull...but yes, there are things I disagree with you on. Accept it instead of splitting your panties in two. You said Taylormade is THE single best company out there which is why "the longest and straightest drivers use TM." I provided stats as to showing exactly how many "longest" and "most accurate" drivers actually play TM. To your dissapoint, it was the minority. it looks like You're the one that made the silly blanket statement.

yes, people have different opinions on different matters, but for you to pull your hair out over it only causes you to stress out, no one else. I suggest you take a step back, kick back, read the forum for what it is and relax.

just for your satisfaction sake, here are a few articles on pro's and deals with manufacturers:

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010...aylormade.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16174681/

a list of TM endorsement deals: http://www.etaylormadedriver.com/201...rsement-deals/

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009...-contract.html

so wait... you mean these pro's ARE getting paid to represent a certain brand by wearing their clothes, carrying their bag, playing their clubs?!?!?! BLASPHEMY.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!