IGNORED

Golf Vacation!

Note: This thread is 5056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My friend and I want to plan a golf vacation! I'm super excited, but I don't know where to go. I've heard SC, Scottsdale, and Cali (PB area) are all good spots, but just wanted to get some more recommendations.

We'll probably go for 3-4 days and play everyday.

Thanks

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Which month(s) are you all considering?

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Oh good point!

I'm thinking next spring around April or May so that most places should be playable.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

If you're only going for 3-4 days in April/May, I'd go somewhere relatively close--don't want to waste a day or two on travelling.
I'd go http://www.rtjgolf.com/trailguide/

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

My friend and I want to plan a golf vacation! I'm super excited, but I don't know where to go. I've heard SC, Scottsdale, and Cali (PB area) are all good spots, but just wanted to get some more recommendations.

come to cali... and spend an extra couple days too.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Heres what you do. Come to Cali. Fly into San Diego and play Coronado, Maderas, spend a day golfing Sycuan, and then treat yourself to Torrey Pines. And maybe if you have the time drive up to Pebble Beach resorts and play Spyglass. Boom. Yer welcome :D

Whats in my 14 Way Stand Bag?? Just...
taylormade.gif Superfast TP 8.5* Matrix HD6 Stiff
taylormade.gif '07 Burner 5 wood 18* Snr. 50g
titleist.gif 710 AP2 3-PW w/ Dy. Gold S300
taylormade.gif Z TP 52* 8* stock wedgeflexscratch.gif 8620 56* with D/S grindcallaway.gif 2009 Forged X-Tour 60* 10* bounce stock wedgeflexcameron.gif Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5, 32.5inches

I just got back from a golf vacation. Pebble Beach / Spy Glass Hill / The Links at Spanish Bay / Harding Park (which was getting ready to host the Charles Schwab Cup Championship). If you are travelling any kind of distance to play golf I can't imagine anything more spectacular then playing next to the ocean. A close second is playing in the desert. In the spring I was at the Westin Kierland resort in Scottsdale. Beautiful course but it was way too hot to play comfortably!

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

There are so many places to go. I'd suggest Myrtle Beach or Orlando. From Rochester (Buffalo?) the airfare will be much less than to Cal or AZ as will the green fees. You have more than 100 courses to choose from at either MB or Orlando at a variety of price points and a variety of layout styles. Someone suggested the RTJ trail in Alabama. It has lots of nice courses, but requires a lot of driving if you want to visit a bunch of them. In MB or Orlando you can stay close to tour lodging and have lots of food and entertainment choices of all styles and prices.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Tampa.......the weather is terrific, you can get cheap hotels, the courses are very affordable.....Saddlebrook Resort, Lake Jovita, World Woods, TPC Tampa Bay....and you won't spend too much time traveling.

I have been on a few trips and if you're coming from NY you may want to consider the following:
- Myrtle Beach
- Ocean City, MD/Delaware Shore
- Atlantic City, NJ

They are reasonably close, reasonably priced and have some excellent golf courses. I have been to all three for golf trips and everyone in the group had a great time. The one caution I would make about April/May is the weather. It can be very rainy that time of year. Enjoy the trip!

Driver: Burner 10.5
Hybrid: Ben Hogan 19 degree
Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5's
Wedges: Nike 60*, Cleveland G14 52*, Taylormade 56*
Putter: Ping TI3Ball:Taylormade RedBlog: www.wamgolf.comFavorite Course: Pine Valley Golf Club (NJ)

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on a few trips and if you're coming from NY you may want to consider the following:

Honestly I'll take Crystal Springs over Atlantic City any day.

Ballyowen, Wild Turkey and Crystal Springs are all amazing courses and you can stay at the beautiful Grand Cascades lodge.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Note: This thread is 5056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!