IGNORED

where did it go?

Note: This thread is 6395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I practice @ day in my BYard with a wedge... I can hit 'em out to about 70 yds... last year I could CONSISTENTLY put 'em w/i 6' of my basket.... not any more... now I can't hit 'em anywhere CLOSE to the basket...
it's pathetic... I prided myself on my short game, as it was all I practiced for the most part. Now, I'm ashamed for anyone see me hit a ball, 'cuz it's BAAAAAAD....
where did it go? and how do I get it back? I swing exactly the way I thought I had been... but this ain't right. I spent all spring/summer working @ the range, now I can't even hit a wedge in my own BY.....
I took lessons and all that....now I'm not sure if it's worth all the effort and $$...and time. Maybe some folks weren't meant to be golfers.... no matter how much the try..... where did it go.....

post your swing, maybe you grew some bad habits, what are your misses like?

ok...I'll show my ignorance here.... explain "post",please.... if you're referring to video...I've never done that...don't know where to get that done

edit: my misses are always off at a 45* right angle... obvious clubface open..correct?

Forgive me if you already know this, but if you are opening up your clubface the ball will turn to where your clubface is opened too. When ever I add extra loft to a club I open up my stance open the clubface instant wrist cock on the backswing and mostly arms, shoulders, and hands through the downswing.

at impact, the ball goes 45* dead straight... it actually appears,when I do a slooooow practice swing, that the back of my hand is 45* off from it should be, and I can't seem to conciously adjust it. what it feels like(left hand), is like I'm thrusting a dagger into the ball...

that hand position. the wrist roll has obviously left the building...and it never told me . I thank you for your response and time on this.

Make sure your alignment is good. Shoulders, waist, and feet just to the left of your target. It is very common for players to aim right of the target. Don't thing you've got it right just cause it feels right. Put a club down on the ground or get an experienced player to check for you.

Check your grip. Perhaps your grip is too weak. I've finally gotten my grip a little more sorted out and its really helping me.

Follow through. I mean really follow through. Don't stab at the ball but swing through it. Get the clubhead around your body in the follow-through and make sure your belt is facing the target. If your belt is facing the target but you haven't followed through you're going to block it about 45-degrees right.

Most of all: have fun. Don't get too down on yourself because golf is difficult, especially in the beginning. We shouldn't criticize ourselves for things we don't understand and it takes time to truly understand the golf swing.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ok...I'll show my ignorance here.... explain "post",please.... if you're referring to video...I've never done that...don't know where to get that done

post it on youtube.com and send us the link

Thanks fellows...your input is taken to heart,and applied...this eve I re-read then hit the BY...COLD/WINDY,so I was quick...but it was obviously better from the start...I wish I knew a place where I could get videoed.... I'd post it in a NYM............

Note: This thread is 6395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!