IGNORED

Joe Mauer vs Albert Pujols

Red_on_the_head
Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure what the point of all this is but these two guys are my favorite players in the game. What I do know is as a Twins fan I am sure glad Mauer is signed for the next 8 years. And I hope Pujols stays with the Cards for the rest of his career. Natural born players like them are sure hard to find.

I would definitely take Albert Pujols. He'll be around a lot longer since he's a 1st Baseman. It's tough to perform at the plate at the level Joe Mauer does with all the wear and tear on his knees crouching behind the plate for 130+ pitches a game for 162 games a season.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• 3 weeks later...
Wow. I forgot I started this thread.

The reason I started it was to see what others people's opinions were about this debate. I am stuck in Minnesota and deal with idiots who have a bias towards Joe Mauer. The debate started at a party and I was the only one of 10 guys who regularly watch baseball take Albert Pujols. Don't get me wrong, I think Joe Mauer is probably one of the most pure hitters to play the game. Albert is better though. Albert's numbers show that he is one of the most well-rounded hitters ever. In any big situation, I would want Albert on my side over Joe. Love them both, but that's all there is to it.

Joe does have the catching thing going against him as far as hindering his offensive production. That is not of concern though for sake of this discussion.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I needed to know that I wasn't going insane.

-Red

Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!