IGNORED

Driver/hybrids/Irons/Putter/Wedges Ball of the decade

uttexas
Note: This thread is 4915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With 2011 around the corner, was thinking, what were the best/most revolutionary/etc driver, hybrids, irons, putter, ball of the last decade.

I realize that different clubs work for some and not others, but what would you consider groundbreaking, or a leap forward in design,etc

I'm not the best at keeping up with all the new equipment, but here's my votes.

Driver-Taylor Made Burner or Cleveland Launcher
I strongly considered adjustable weight/shaft drivers here, but I'm not convinced that those options are a little more than gimmicky marketing

Hybrids-Adams Idea A2 -- hybrids may have improved slightly since this model came out, but not significantly

Irons-Callaway X-18/20 Haven't met someone that plays these that doesn't like them alot

Putter-PING CRAZ-E first time I saw it...WTF is that. After I saw that one, lots of weird design putters started showing up.

Ball-Penta

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Driver - Taylormade adjustables & Adams Speedline

Hybrid - Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz & Taylormade Raylor

Wedges- Cleveland zip grooves / Taylormade XFT / Titleist Spin Milled

Ball - Taylormade Penta

Putter - Rife roll groove technology

OGIO Grom Stand Bag:
Driver - Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5*
3Wood - Cleveland Hibore 15*
Hybrid - Cleveland Hibore 19*
Irons - Taylormade R7s 4-GWWedges - Cleveland CG12s Black pearl 54*/12* & 58*/8*Putter - Rife ArubaBack-ups - Karsten Anser / Odyssey White Ice #9Ball - Taylormade Burner TP & LDP...

- Driver: whatever works for you. Personally I've really hated everything from Cleveland. I'd like to say the PING G10 but that's obviously because I own one. The longest driver in the world uses an Adams Speedline, but what bearing that has on us, I don't know.

- Fairway woods: whatever works for you. My Cleveland Launcher would have been a fantastic driver just a few years ago.

- Hybrid: until the Wilson Staff Fybrid they all felt like $#!+ to me.

- Wedges: What was new and "better" is soon to be illegal so, meh. I play a combination of second hand and 15 year old wedges.

- Putter: my putter is 10 years old and I don't actually believe the technology of rolling a rock has been improved upon since then

- Ball: I don't play one but there's only one Pro V1 - okay, you know what I mean.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Ball - Taylormade Penta Putter - Rife roll groove technology

Wad the penta that much of an innovation?

Yes it had 5 layers but did people find that much of a difference? also YES had C grooves on their putters for years, nothing new. It's hard to name clubs that are amazing. The g10 was great. cobra baffler started the hybrid trend irons are all down to preference Vokey wedges took the PGA tour by storm and the Pro v1 is the Pro v1

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Honestly I don't think that any one product was so great.

I'd say the cleveland launcher since it was the first with the 460cc head. (Plus I use a second generation of this and I think it smokes my ft-9 tour which is supposed to be packed with technology)

But all the brands make pretty much the same thing with a little different twist.

Brian

Driver-TM R7. Started the whole adjustable weight trend. Consider the drivers that were out at the same time & what that did for the whole driver paradigm. Now with FCT, movable heads & weights, why buy a standard driver when you can buy an R9 close to your specs & fiddle with it until it's right.

Fairway wood-Tour edge exotics has to be mentioned. Just stupidly long. Innovation-the combo brazing process. The wishon 949 is right there too. Stupid long, & i believe wishon was after that .830 number with a fw wd.

Hybrid-I'm going with Nickent. It was the frst hybrid that was workable & didn't go screaming dead left. Not just for me. I got my 8 cap fatherinlaw to carry it one round & he could have left out 5 clubs with the way he was hitting it. He gave it back because it made the game 'too easy.' I let my tour pro cousin inlaw hit it too & he just nuked it dead straight, or left, or right. Plus for what they accomplished with sales for being a small relatively unknown company was outstanding.

Irons-Cally X series. Took forgiveness to a whole new level. Made sure that casual players would stick with the game by making good shots easier. Now with the amount of golfers we have a tonne of courses to choose from, which keeps green fees & equipment prices down as well. Reveloutionary(somebody's gonna love that one...).

Wedges-588/900. You know.

Putter-Scotty Cameron, not for tech innovation but for showing us what clever marketing can create. Bravo, Scotty. 500$ headcovers, nice goin' buddy.

Ball-Bridgestone B330. Wasn't this the ball Titleist had to pay for?

Laser rangefinders/GPS-becuase calling your loudmouthed golfing partner's 260yd(217 actual) has never been easier.

Note: This thread is 4915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!