IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Question

Kenny D
Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i see thank you for the informative and appropriate response. I guess what Im taking from it, is that the people that would get it done in pro p do it for more of a long term protection and easy maintanence than anything else.

The pro platinum plating actually originated on the Tour where players were looking for something with a bit more feedback than a soft untreated Carbon Steel (oilcan, tour, etc...) putter but also softer in feel to a stainless steel putter (most newer camerons). The Pro Platinum plating firms up the feel of the carbon steel very slightly and provides this balance. In 2001, the putter was released to the public as the pro platinum line.

A side benefit is that it is also quite durable compared to a raw carbon steel putter.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

The pro platinum plating actually originated on the Tour where players were looking for something with a bit more feedback than a soft untreated Carbon Steel (oilcan, tour, etc...) putter but also softer in feel to a stainless steel putter (most newer camerons). The Pro Platinum plating firms up the feel of the carbon steel very slightly and provides this balance.

I find it incomprehnsible that any sane person could actually believe this nonsense. Typical SC gibberish. As loony as the GSS BS. Sounds technical so it must mean something. But only if you are gullible.

Do you know anyone who would be prepared to putt blindfolded with a Pro Platinumum finished putter and a raw one and bet more than a few dollars that they could tell the difference? It's ridiculous.
side benefit is that it is also quite durable compared to a raw carbon steel putter.

This is the real reason.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I find it incomprehnsible that any sane person could actually believe this nonsense. Typical SC gibberish. As loony as the GSS BS. Sounds technical so it must mean something. But only if you are gullible.

I don't even use a scotty and I'll take that bet.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I don't even use a scotty and I'll take that bet.

Then a lesson in metalurgy and physics might be in order.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Then a lesson in metalurgy and physics might be in order.

And acoustics. Unless I have to shove the blindfold in my ears too.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I find it incomprehnsible that any sane person could actually believe this nonsense.

Why don't you go try. In fact, I'll send you my putter if you'd really like. There is a very noticeable difference in feel and sound between carbon steel, stainless steel and a plated version of either. There's no smoke and mirrors here, it's simple material science. Can you tell a difference between various levels of balls off of your own putter? The difference is no less subtle, and I don't care if it says SC or anything else on it.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I will putt six balls, in ANY order you choose, blindfolded.

Two Srixon Z Stars
Two Range balls
Tow mid spin balls like an Titleist NXT Tour or something equivalent.

I will putt them with YOUR putter or any putter on earth that you would like me to use. $500 says I will identify the three balls correctly at least once each, probably more. The reason I don't know if I will get them all 6 times is because I don't know if I will hit the sweet spot of your/my/any putter on both strokes w/ each while blindfolded. If you were somehow able to remove the marking from the balls and I can putt without a blindfold and be able to put a good stroke on it, I'll get all 6. If I'm putting with MY Carbon Steel Gun Blue Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 with my own custom paintfill and red Studio Design Grip with no extra wraps, you give me $100 for each I get right and I give you $500 for each I get wrong.

I live in the Northside of Indianapolis and could do this at The Fort GC, Purgatory, River Glen, Sahm National, Stony Creek GC, my driveway, my living room, anywhere you want. Bring cash.

Bryan

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I guess that post was a "thread ender."

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Note: This thread is 4916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!