IGNORED

My Swing (kennyhighbaugh)

kennyhighbaugh
Note: This thread is 4899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ive read on this forum for a couple months and started playing golf earlier this year, i played alot 5 years ago but quit. now i have a great love for the game and i want to improve my swing this winter to become a better golfer. here is a youtube video of my swing, any tips would be very appreciated. this swing is from behind, i have a side view ill upload tomorrow.

From what I notice (and im not anything special) you have a pretty good backswing, it's the downswing and follow through that hurts you. First off it appears you come in very steep, what could be considered over the top. With that steep angle it looks like you lift up with your body to compensate and make room for the club to come in, causing some of those hits to be thin (or so it appeared and sounded). Also you look to be decelerating on the downswing and follow through rather than accelerating. Lastly, don't practice in boots unless you play in boots lol(or atleast they look like boots). The difference in height off the ground could do more harm to your swing than you think. This is just what I see, and could be wrong, just my input.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Not Bad! Your positions are nice throughout the stroke. I would recommend watching your head as it moves. I think that there is nothing wrong with it moving down in the backswing, but it also moves out over the ball a little. I do this a little too, but I try to correct it by making sure my weight is properly on the right foot during the backswing. It you move too much forward over the ball, the club will come over the top as you bring it back to the balls position, as it looks with your first swings warming up.
It also looked like your club was too close to your body in the earlier swings. Make sure the club points to your belt buckle.
Other than that, I would say that you can also loosen your wrists, so that you have more of an outside circle, inside circle to your swing. Your power source looks like no problem. No need to swing harder, but with a gentle whip at the bottom of your swing, I think it could be spot on. Peace!

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

thanks for the replies, this was right after work so i had about 30 minutes to get the video made, so i left my work clothes on lol. is my posture good at setup, i notice i have the club very close to my body, but feels like its far from me when i look down, but i will hold it out a bit further.

Should i be more upright, it looks like i might be too bent over at address, would holding the club a couple inches further out and striaghtining up the back help me? are my legs moving to much? sorry for all the questions, just trying to get more consistent.

thanks for the replies, this was right after work so i had about 30 minutes to get the video made, so i left my work clothes on lol. is my posture good at setup, i notice i have the club very close to my body, but feels like its far from me when i look down, but i will hold it out a bit further.

mmmmm. To what I see posture is pretty good. Could maybe put your butt out a tad more and let your arms just hang and grip the club from there.. Kinda looks like your forcing your arms closer to your body, cause the club to get a tad snug to you.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

The first thing I'd work on is extension of the spine during the backswing. By the time you get to the top you don't have much room to swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

heres my side shot, from comparing my swing to better golfers it seems im way to narrow with my stance and club to close to my body creating more problems, also from the side it seems im finishing way to far forward, what can i do to stay back centered

by extension of the spine do u mean standing more upright?

tomorrow im gonna widen my stance a little bit and hold the club out further more my waist and stand upright and see if that makes my swing more reapeatable and consistant

Its not an address thing. Spine extension is a movement during the backswing. Its what our spine has to do to keep our head in position (vertically). Its like going from your setup position to standing up without taking the bend out of your knees. Once you blend that with the rotation and lean of the spine the head stays in position. If one of those happens faster than the other the head will move, so the end goal is to sync them up.

been working on my swing, ill get some more vidoes up tomorrow.

how can i keep from my head dipping down on the back swing? is it because of my left knee bending? do i just not bend it to help me?

im working on getting my lower body to start my downswing, for some reason i still end up farther forward at the finish, whats a drill to help me keep my upper body back instead of goin forward.

• Administrator
how can i keep from my head dipping down on the back swing? is it because of my left knee bending? do i just not bend it to help me?

Stand up on the backswing if your head is going down.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!