IGNORED

My Swing (Brant17)

Brant17
Note: This thread is 4793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my before swing. My new swing is at the bottom of the page after several changes. Going through changing my swing was very hard. I stopped shooting in the 70s. In fact, I stopped playing all together. It was king of frustrating. Now I no how Tiger is feeling. haha. Well, now that I am comfortable with this new swing I am hitting the ball much better and have started dropping  my scores again. Thank God! I am lots less handsy now and much smoother. My patterns have really gotten tight lately!

So let me get this straight...you started playing golf 1.5 years ago and you are already down to a 3?! WTF?! That's a pretty impressive feat, a little unbelievable, but impressive. I would say if you are a three, get some lessons from a pro and keep doing what you are doing.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Very impressive swing for someone who's been playing for only 18 months.

Some things I notice.

Ball position too far back with the iron.
You sway a bit much on the backswing.
Work on extending your arms, legs, and spine more into impact, release, and follow through. You should have a more driving motion with your arms into impact with hands leading the clubhead into impact, then extend the arms more into release and follow through.

Please post a DTL view--would give more information on swing plane, hip turn, shoulder turn plane, etc.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

learn to move your hands and shoulder as one

your starting your swing with your hands

a little forward press with your irons will give you more lag on the down swing which produce better control and distance

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Thank you for the comments guys. I have a DTL swing coming.

HAVOC- You are 100% correct. I have watched enough pro swings on youtube to see that my take back needs work. It is difficult for me to make a change because I can go out and shoot mid to low 70's consistantly. I know that if I try to change and get out of my comfort zone I may lose my game for a while. However, that change is much needed to take my game to the next level. My take back is something that I have had in the back of my mind for a while and I needed to hear that from someone else. I am going to mess with it for sure. Distance is not an issue with me at all but I could use some more control. Thanks for your comment.

Quinn 07- I am an ex D1 college and Pro baseball player and ballstriking comes easy to me. I guess that is why I picked up the game so quick. Idk though. My first 18 hole round I shot an 88. Once I figured out my short game shooting in the low 70s became pretty easy.

A steeper shoulder turn is going to allow you go get your hands moving in without rolling the forearms. Push the left shoulder down and let it move the hands. Be passive with your arms/hands. It should help your consistency issues.

Also it wouldn't hurt you to stay a little more centered.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of talent in that swing.  I totally, totally agree with cbrian.  You swing with your hands, and you swing too horizontal.   Think "one piece swing".   I cannot tell, but is your left wrist cupped (or bowed) at the top?  Keep it flat - if that causes a hook, then change your grip.

• 2 months later...

Here is my swing revised a little since last time. I am still working very hard and have a picture in my mind of what I want my swing to look like in the end. I no it still needs lots of work. I am a perfectionist haha. Making this swing change really put me out of my comfort zone. I started shooting in the 80s! But now I am hitting it better than before! My patterns are much tighter and my swing is much smoother. I am using lots less hands! Let me know what you think!

I have a DTL view that I am posting this afternoon. I know it is much easier to teach from a DTL view.

Note: This thread is 4793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!