IGNORED

2010-2011 NCAA Basketball

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

one of the craziest last 2 seconds I have ever seen for any sport. butler vs pitt was an fun game to watch

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

one of the craziest last 2 seconds I have ever seen for any sport. butler vs pitt was an fun game to watch

It was a fun game to watch but that last 2 seconds was so sloppy and I thought the officiating was terrible. I thought Pitt was playing Duke for a little while because that Howard flops all the time. Plus Butler got a couple of questionable charges and the one guy who was guarding Gibbs might as well just rode on his back because he grabbed his jersey on every screen. I picked Butler but I got them losing next round and based on what I saw if Mack doesn't go lights out they will be in trouble. Man I love March madness!

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

It was a fun game to watch but that last 2 seconds was so sloppy and I thought the officiating was terrible. I thought Pitt was playing Duke for a little while because that Howard flops all the time. Plus Butler got a couple of questionable charges and the one guy who was guarding Gibbs might as well just rode on his back because he grabbed his jersey on every screen. I picked Butler but I got them losing next round and based on what I saw if Mack doesn't go lights out they will be in trouble. Man I love March madness!

so wait....you thought pitt and duke in the finals? but you picked butler over pitt? pitt had to get through butler or old d to get to duke.

anyway, the officiating this tourney so far is pretty good. I think this is one tourney that they aren't giving games away. making the right calls and making the right non-calls. and the last 2 fouls in pitt vs butler were the absolute right calls. they were dumb fouls. not refs fault. I feel bad for the refs cause the players are pretty much forcing them to call the foul. even with 0.8 seconds left, refs had to call the foul. had to, had to, had to. good job by the refs.

with 2 seconds left in the game you butler should of pressed pitt to half court. and let pitt take an impossible half court hail mary. 5% shot for pitt. but nope, butler fouls. and gives 2 freebies to pitt for the win. also, with 1.2 seconds left, after the first made free throw from pitt, the pitt players should of been out of the paint and not worry at all about trying to rebound the ball if he missed the 2nd shot. why? because the worst scenario is overtime. butler would of had to rebound the miss and throw it the length of the court. so, maybe the players fault, but I say coach's fault. he should know better than to have his players in there during the 2nd shot. I wanted butler to win soooo bad. when they fouled with 2 seconds to go in the game, I couldn't stop screaming, WHY!!!!! when pitt fouled on the missed free throw i was screaming, OMG!!! WTF!!

funny thing is that this was my mom's first game she has ever watched for ncaa basketball. she watches lakers all the time. anyway, she was going crazy also. it was fun times. great game. not refs fault at all. all players and some bad coaching towards the end. except for the butler play to take the lead. that was a great sneaky play. done.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

so wait....you thought pitt and duke in the finals? but you picked butler over pitt? pitt had to get through butler or old d to get to duke.

anyway, the officiating this tourney so far is pretty good. I think this is one tourney that they aren't giving games away. making the right calls and making the right non-calls. and the last 2 fouls in pitt vs butler were the absolute right calls. they were dumb fouls. not refs fault. I feel bad for the refs cause the players are pretty much forcing them to call the foul. even with 0.8 seconds left, refs had to call the foul. had to, had to, had to. good job by the refs.

with 2 seconds left in the game you butler should of pressed pitt to half court. and let pitt take an impossible half court hail mary. 5% shot for pitt. but nope, butler fouls. and gives 2 freebies to pitt for the win. also, with 1.2 seconds left, after the first made free throw from pitt, the pitt players should of been out of the paint and not worry at all about trying to rebound the ball if he missed the 2nd shot. why? because the worst scenario is overtime. butler would of had to rebound the miss and throw it the length of the court. so, maybe the players fault, but I say coach's fault. he should know better than to have his players in there during the 2nd shot. I wanted butler to win soooo bad. when they fouled with 2 seconds to go in the game, I couldn't stop screaming, WHY!!!!! when pitt fouled on the missed free throw i was screaming, OMG!!! WTF!!

funny thing is that this was my mom's first game she has ever watched for ncaa basketball. she watches lakers all the time. anyway, she was going crazy also. it was fun times. great game. not refs fault at all. all players and some bad coaching towards the end. except for the butler play to take the lead. that was a great sneaky play. done.

No I meant I thought Pitt was playing Duke because of the amount of flops that were called as charging (butler also got called for charging that were questionable). Youtube Duke flops you will see some of the funniest attempts to get charges ever... I agree with Butler should have forced a half court shot but pitt clearing the lane is what I would have done however there was enough time to get a shot if they do get the rebound.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by domc36

Duke gets every call known to man, and still finds ways to lose.

Not the greatest of games from duke. and zona couldn't miss. they were on fire. I wanted sdsu to win so bad. they had a great year none the less.

clubchamp. I see what you meant.

Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

I'm still wondering how Kemba didn't get Big East POY.

I'm not sure how that happened either I guess maybe because Uconn under achieved in the regular season and ND played way beyond expectation. Not take anything away from Ben Hansbrough or Kemba Walker both had awesome seasons.

Note: This thread is 4785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!