IGNORED

My Swing (Chicago Lefty)

Chicago Lefty
Note: This thread is 3630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry one other thing try and get your hands more out your clubhead and hands are way inside on your takeaway at your waist get a mirior  behind u, u shouldnt be able to see your hands when your club is a waist hight your club is so far inside. Also put a long piece of tape on your across your feet and match the club with that line. I just saw that in all your videos at waist height your just wayyy to far inside get the club even with your hands! Yout got a lot of power and good club head speed its all there just gotta fix a couple things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still working...rewatched the Hardy videos and got a few ideas to work on.  Lowered ball flight a bit and am really making good consistent contact.  If I was going off of ball flight alone, I'd be pretty happy with this swing (I realize there are some glaring issues, but ball flight alone and this looks very nice).  Sometimes I wonder how much stock I should put into video?  I'm searching for that text book swing and I'm not positive it's necessary....although I'm going to keep working throughout the winter.  If nothing else, watching a lot of swings is helping me to understand my misses.

5 Iron

Driver (Losing spine angle still)

Put some work in today and I think I made some good progress in regards to maintaining my spine angle.  I'm not thrusting my left hip into the target line any longer.

Also compared my swing to Matt Kuchar's, as this is the goal at this point.  The most blatant flaw is still rolling my wrists at the beginning of the swing. The rest of the positions actually look pretty decent IMO

kucharcomp1.jpg

As always, comments welcome!

sounds like you know what you still need to work on. I think if you can stop the wrist rolling it could be the final piece of the puzzle for a swing that's pretty good already. Although there's always something to improve on..

Originally Posted by iSlice Left

Thanks walk18.  We should get together and play a round this season...based on our hadicaps it would be a pretty decent match.

Here's another swing...getting closer

Yeah where do you usually play? I'm in the NW burbs by Crystal Lake, plenty of good courses out here, but I don't mind making the drive for a nice course either.

My home course is Schaumburg GC. Great muni with fantastic greens. Other than that I like playing all over. We should do Highlands of Elgin, Chalet Hills or Bowes Creek. Those would be kind of in the middle I think

It's that time again where I'm looking to make a few improvements on my swing since I won't be playing again for a few months.  A little background, last season I ended at about an 18 handicap after having played for a few months, hit a ton of balls and took some lessons over the winter and managed to lower my handicap down to a 6.8 at the end of this season.  Goals for next year are to improve in all areas of the game and get down to a 2 handicap at a minimum.

Had a kid take a few videos of my current swing.  I have kind of gotten away from one kind of swing method and have been trying a few different things,  The base of my swing comes from Jim Hardy's one plane swing, but I have been reading a lot of stack and tilt threads and have recently implemented a few moves from that (weight forward at address & hands deep and low on takeaway).

Take a look at my current swing and any ideas on how to improve are welcome!  Thank you!

ignore 0:00 to 1:13 .....

Does this look stack and tilt? Here's a face on view of the top of my swing. My instructor wants me to have a little less weight loaded on my right foot. [IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/Keyhole01/photo-26.jpg[/IMG]

You and I have a pretty similar swing.  I just posted mine for critique on the forum so I won't bother here but I will say that I have always drug the club inside and also been at the crossroads with how much I wanted to pursue correct plane on the way back.  I think that when your practicing and playing a lot you can get away with it, but for me the point of changing is to get better on my bad days - when I dont have the brain power/coordination to overcome the downfalls in my swing.  You get it simplified down to control those bad days.  I have watched a ton of videos on take away and release but this one about the take away really clicked in my head.  The guy talks about actually picking the club up, which all you ever hear is how bad that is.  I dont think I am picking it up, but once you get the hang of it, and the arm rotation out of it, it seems much more simple.  I feel like Furyk, but it gets me on plane. I have committed this winter to fixing my flaws.  It only takes about 20 hrs to ingrain a new move, and by the looks of it you can put in 20 on it in no time.  Looking good.

Worked on not flipping to the inside as much tonight.  Here's the result

:

The thought that worked for me pretty well was that the face should be parallel to my spine angle at the halfway back point.  Gave me a point of reference to check.

Worked on not flipping to the inside as much tonight.  Here's the result

:

The thought that worked for me pretty well was that the face should be parallel to my spine angle at the halfway back point.  Gave me a point of reference to check.

still inside at P2, you want the club to be parallel to the target line when it reaches parallel to the ground.

go back to the vid you posted in #16.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!