IGNORED

Mizuno JPX-800...Anyone have them?

Note: This thread is 4817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Some people have reported that TaylorMade Reax driver shafts that say 60 gram on them actually weigh more than 60 gram.  I'm curious if anyone has pulled a "reax 85" and weighed it to find out what it weighs.  A look at some other shafts shows the numbers don't always match:  True Temper's GS75 weighs 86,  GS85 weighs 92, GS95 weighs 101, KBS Tour 90 weighs 101, etc.

Weights on shaft spec sheets can sometimes be confusing. Is it the raw weight, or the weight after trimming? Some spec tables will give a range: 106-120 grams (specs for Unfilex shafts in X20 irons); this would be the weight range once shafts are trimmed for specific numbered irons.

KBS Tour.90 varies in uncut state:

• R-flex taper = 95 grams
  • R-flex parallel = 101
  • S-flex taper = 102
  • S-flex parallel = 130 (might be typo error)

The KBS R-flex still weights in noticeably lighter than the TT Dynamic Gold R300 at 127 grams

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right, we don't know if the Reax 85 is 85 before or after trimming, or if it's the actual weight either way.  So we don't know if it's a better match for the GS75 or GS85 or any number of other shafts.  Of course even if the weight is the same it may not "feel" the same so it comes down to what it always does, try another iron with a lightweight shaft and see what it feels like.

I only included specs for .370 parallel because that's what's in the Burner and Burner Plus, and R flex just as a starting point.

By the way, please don't take this as a slam at TaylorMade, I own and use there products and they make quality stuff, I just don't necessarily believe all the advertising.

Quote:

Weights on shaft spec sheets can sometimes be confusing. Is it the raw weight, or the weight after trimming? Some spec tables will give a range: 106-120 grams (specs for Unfilex shafts in X20 irons); this would be the weight range once shafts are trimmed for specific numbered irons.

KBS Tour.90 varies in uncut state:

• R-flex taper = 95 grams
  • R-flex parallel = 101
  • S-flex taper = 102
  • S-flex parallel = 130 (might be typo error)

The KBS R-flex still weights in noticeably lighter than the TT Dynamic Gold R300 at 127 grams

This is all great info. I'll definitely enjoy following up on some of this.

At the end of the day, I'll ask my pro about whether I can consider shafts outside of Mizuno's custom shafts list for the JPX800's. If not, my 1st choice will be to look at the Nippon shafts which are 100 grams versus the 117 gram True Temper Dynalite S300 shaft.

The Taylormade ReAx 85 shaft may or may not be accurately reflected but the club as a whole clearly does not feel as a heavy as the Dynalite shaft, so I gotta figure out a lighter option.

I purchased the Pros w/ Dynalite R shaft at the end of last year.  Love the look and feel.  These fall into the game improvement category for Mizuno, and I don't think they are overly difficult to hit.

CARBITE Putter

I have the 800 pros and love the forged feel.  Overall I am very happy with them and feel that they are a good compromise between workability and forgiveness.  I am currently using them as my backup set behind my MP-52s with the main reason being that the 800 pros stronger lofts/hotter face build gaps into my game especially on the wedge side of the house.  This is great if you are looking for a little more distance, but the additional length IMO comes with gap problems with the wedges.  I hit my MP-52 PW 125....GW.....115.....SW...100.  With the 800 pros I hit the PW about 135-140....so I am still working through getting some different wedges.

You can't go wrong with the set, good feel and turf interaction.  good luck.

In the bag:
G-15 9 degree with Proforce V2
Ping Anser V-2
MP-52 3-PW, JPX-800 Pros 3-PW
52-08, 56-11 Vokeys G-15 15.5 3W G-10 5W

Note: This thread is 4817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!