IGNORED

Took the Gripping Plunge

Note: This thread is 3714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know what some of these people are doing to make grip install such a nightmare. I am glad more people are finding out how easy it is. PURE grips is the easiest grip to install. all you need is a small air compressor. Shaft install's aren't hard either if you are somewhat decent with tools.

IN THE Nova BAG:
Cleveland Launcher, 10.5, ALDILA VS Prototype 60g S flex
Adams Fast10 3w
Cleveland Mashie M3 hybrid 20.5 S flex 
Ping G5 4-PWSGS 52, 58, 62Ping iwi anser 34"Bridgestone B330-RXS

I agree - regripping your clubs is very doable and gives you the opportunity to have a shared experience.

Though I recently installed Winn Lite Oversize grips, I would have loved to try the Pure grips that install with an air compressor - no tape, no solvent.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• 1 month later...

Pure Grips aren't the only one that install with air.  Almost any grip can be installed with air.  Just keep it regulated to no more than about 50 psi.  I've done several different types of Winn, Golf Pride, and Lambkin grips with air.  And I use regular blue painters tape too.  You can also build up the entire grip or just certain areas with more wraps, and it's easy to take wraps off if you find you don't like it.  Super dooper easy and fast, and no, they don't slip!

• 1 month later...

Why use tape and solvent' I use a $3 needle inflator and $39 compressor set at 40psi from Harbor Freight where I also bought my cheap chop saw. It does all I need. Blow them on and off in a matter of seconds. I sometimes use a strip of masking tape to get them started with a little mineral spirits in a spray bottle. When the wear a bit just stick the inflator in there with a blast of air and turn them around. Winn Lite grips are a bit different because of the material and sometimes I lightly abrade the shaft if necessary or wrap 4" masking tape that is also good to build it up.

• 2 years later...
Hey, has anybody heard if grip tape activator can hurt anyone with asthma. I want to get into regrouping but I'm just concerned. I've tried water activated but it didn't set up real well?

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Hey, has anybody heard if grip tape activator can hurt anyone with asthma. I want to get into regrouping but I'm just concerned. I've tried water activated but it didn't set up real well?

I've always used plain mineral spirits.  If you have no problem with that, you're fine.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've always used plain mineral spirits.  If you have no problem with that, you're fine.

Another thing I use is charcoal lighter fluid (just because I always had some handy). Seemed to work the same as mineral spirits and may be the same for all I know.

Just re gripped two of my clubs, the solvent smelled horrible, but it didn't bother with my asthma, on the good side one of the grips the tape just peeled right off with the grip. Didn't even have to use a vise.

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Note: This thread is 3714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!