IGNORED

Hello Everyone

FosterPann
Note: This thread is 6358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I'm new on here and am looking forward to getting involved in the forum discussions (nice website by the way).

I'm an avid golfer, though don't get to play as much as I'd like. Living in London is not conducive to golf, sadly. Anyway, I try and do my bit spreading the gospel about our beloved game.

My dream is to one day rid the sport of racist old duffers that are a blight on golf clubs across the UK and give the sport a bad name (many of whom have little or no appreciation of etiquette, despite lecturing others on it at every opportunity).

Anyway, I hope everyone is well!

Welcome! I imagine with the population and busyness of London it would be hard to get out and golf. But if you're passionate about the game, as so many of us are, you just do it.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome. Isn't there a course in Regents Park or is that just a practice facility? Where do you play when you live in London?

I've been wanting to play Sunningdale, home to my favorite deceased teaching pro - Percy Boomer. He was a Jersey man (went to school with Harry Vardon and Ted Ray etc etc.) who spent most of his career teaching in France but he went to Sunningdale when the Nazis invaded. He died in 1946. I'd like to see if they have any pictures or memorabilia. He wrote a great instructional book that I read often.

Unfortunately, due to the people you mention in your post, I'm told its extremely tough to get permission to play.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Yeah, playing in London is not easy. There are a few courses, but most are overpriced and not very good. Playing for me entails driving out to some of the surrounding counties like Surrey or Sussex where courses are abundant, though still pricey. I currently only get to play once a month, if that, so any realistic hope of improvement is minimal.

Thankfully I'm moving fairly soon to somewhere a bit better in that sense and am excited at the prospect of being to play every week for the first time since I was about 16! I might even join a club.

Note: This thread is 6358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!