IGNORED

My swing (sonicblue)

sonicblue
Note: This thread is 4832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm relatively happy I can still hit the ball after the winter layoff, but man, I've still got lots of work to do.  I see the following issues:

1) Too narrow/too much slack in the left arm - I've got to get a wider arc and more consistent plane

2) My plane changes, usually starting too inside, then 'lifting up' at the top

3) I tend to stand up during the downswing.  I can't tell if this is a ball position issue, or maybe because my plane is too upright, I've learned to lift up to avoid burying the club?

I've uploaded a bunch of clips.  Forgive the occasional shakiness, my not-quite-10-y/o son was the videographer.  FYI, camera is a Kodak Playsport.  And, yes, the grey is real...

Worst swing of the day below; it was about a 60% PW, so I went completely back to bad (worse) habits and nearly conked myself in the back of head...

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Your plane is off man. That is the thing you need to concentrate on first. You are coming way underneath the shaft of your club. If I could somehow draw a line from the shaft up through your body you would see just how far underneath you are taking the club. To start the backswing....try hinging the club in front of you with your wrist while blending in a turn at the same time. This should help get you back on plane. Your swing doesnt look all that bad. Before working on correcting all those little mistakes get your plane right first.

You do a lot of stuff well...especially while still wiping off the dust.

one thing i would do is keep the upper part of your arms (the part around your armpits) against your body during your whole swing.  This will keep you connected and more on plane without having to think of it much.  this would be like doing the drill where you put a golf glove under each of your armpits.  your plane will look lower and you might not go back as far but thats ok.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!