IGNORED

Favorite Golf Book...

Hogan Fan
Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"The 5 fundamentals of Modern Golf" by Ben Hogan
that's the Bible!!!!!!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished reading "Be The Ball Golf Instruction Book For The Mind" by Charlie Jones, & Kim Doren. I enjoyed it as much as "Golf is not a game of perfect".
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• 4 weeks later...
Some of my favourites:

Please tell me more about final rounds, sounds good.

I finally finished "Two Years in St. Andrews" by George Peper - Best damn book I've ever read. I will read this another twenty times over the years. If you have a collection of golf books, this is a must have!
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

The U.S. Open: Golf's Ultimate Challenge by Robert Sommers
Jack Nicklaus: My Story
A Good Walk Spoiled

In the bag

Driver 905R, 9.5 Aldila NV65S
3 Wood 960 F2, 13.0 Aldila NV65S
5 Wood 975F, 18.5 Proforce 65SHybrid 503H, 22 deg. DG â S3004 â PW 735 CM, DG â S300SW Volkey 256.10, DG â S300LW Volkey 260.4, DG â S300Putter Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5 Ball Pro-V1x or Pro-V1...

I haven't read all that many (yet), but last summer, there was a time where I was missing the ball consistently by coming over the top - not topping the ball (which would have been preferable, as it would've moved the ball at the same cost), but literally missing over it.

I picked up a copy of Butch Harmon's The Four Cornerstones of Winning Golf back in July. I'll admit, I didn't pay much attention to the parts where he spoke about the mechanics of hitting shots, but rather I read the parts about him, about course management, and about fitness. At this point, I decided to start with the fitness (medicine ball every morning, rest of the stretches/exercises a few times a week scattered) and then get lessons (I don't figure I can learn the golf stroke out of a book. Same reason I ignore the physical lesson portions of Golf Digest )

The book got me excited about the game again, and next week while at the range, I witnessed the pro that I now work with give lessons to a variety of players. I scheduled a lesson and now can hit the ball (an important step to improvement).

Unrelated to content or experience, the last time that my mom went back to Korea she bought me a book that I think, based on the illustrations, is about how to play golf. Of course, it's in Korean, which I can't read (growing up in SoCal, I learned another language). But it's the thought that counts.

I'll be reading more as the opportunity presents itself.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
A few I have enjoyed are:

A good walk spoiled - Feinstein
The Majors - Feinstein
Who's your Caddy - Reilly
Little Red Book - Harvey Penick
Payne Stewart - by Tracey Stewart
Golf is not a game of Perfect
The Inner game of golf

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Just finnished " A four iron in my soul" by lawrence Donegan. A diary of a caddy for Scottish journeyman Ross Drummond.A supurb ,funny and uplifting read.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Extraordinary Golf by Fred Shoemaker. I read this book and shot the round of my life at a very diffucult course. It is next to my bad as we speak.

Note: This thread is 5890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!