IGNORED

FAKE R11

willgolf
Note: This thread is 4790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Camo

I was in golf galaxy Today buying my new super fast 2.0 rescue and they said to make 100% certain I wanted it because they were not doing returns even if it was still brand new never hit.

I asked why and they said they have had problems with returns being fakes being exchanged for the real deal.

The fake one they showed me, the guy said, oh I grabbed the wrong loft, had a reciept from a real one he had actually purchased but traded in a fake one.

Anyhow, they looked identical, you couldn't tell by casually looking at it. What tipped them off was the sound it made hitting it. Upon close examination the main issue was the shaft was crooked. But all cosmetics were nuts on identical.

Visually you couldn't tell the real from the fake..... Performance wise it was a clunker.

I'm sure with closer inspection they could see some other differences, as I doubt the adjustments and weighting is implemented the same as the actual club.  It's just easier for them to change their return policy than worry about taking a fake back.  China is getting better at making fakes and smarter.  They used to price their clubs much lower than the MSRP of the real club, now they are pricing the fakes just enough under MSRP where you are more likely to believe its real and you've found a great deal.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by shades9323

I applaud them for telling you that up front.  However, I would have said thanks for letting me know and then I would have promptly walked out and shopped somewhere else.

No doubt.... No reason to walk out, I would have run out of there.

I applaud them for telling you that up front.  However, I would have said thanks for letting me know and then I would have promptly walked out and shopped somewhere else.

It was defInetly reaffirmation why they lost me as a regular customer a long time ago. I went there only because my shop was out of the shaft I wanted and I have a tee time today that I wanted to game it...... Instant gratification is such a bitch. I will admit, I felt kinda dirty ... Lmao. Oh well, with 3 avid golfers in the family I give my shop plenty of biz.

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Note: This thread is 4790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!