IGNORED

Do you think we should guy sth in OEM.?

Cici
Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't have a problem with buying or selling clones as long as they are not infringing on patents and not holding themselves out as the originals. Not that i would necessarily do it myself, but don't have problems with others doing it.  I am considering getting some heads or getting a local clubmaker to get some from a component company that aren't exactly copies but may be similar to other clubs.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Uber$winG

The designation Cici must represent an acronym – my guess - Computer intelligence created internally.  It has to be the work of some post-grad shut-in at M.I.T. conducting some kind of semiotic AI experiment. I mean seriously, I have a cousin with both expressive and receptive aphasia and he makes more intelligible sense.

Interesting thought, but most experiments involve more control than you would have on a blog.  More likely doesn't speak English and / or is using a translator program. I really do have a problem with many of the clone companies.  There are plenty of other choices, Golfsmith, Maltby, used, that supporting dishonesty is hard to justify.  This isn't about putting food on the table.  It is part of the larger issue, theft of companies research and hard work is rampant these days.  I bet Eric would have real concerns about someone stealing the source code of products he has developed and selling it under a similar name.  There is really no difference.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by allin

Interesting thought, but most experiments involve more control than you would have on a blog.  More likely doesn't speak English and / or is using a translator program. I really do have a problem with many of the clone companies.  There are plenty of other choices, Golfsmith, Maltby, used, that supporting dishonesty is hard to justify.  This isn't about putting food on the table.  It is part of the larger issue, theft of companies research and hard work is rampant these days.  I bet Eric would have real concerns about someone stealing the source code of products he has developed and selling it under a similar name.  There is really no difference.

With clones, I'm not so sure that they are infringing on patents or "stealing."  They definitely include certain features that the company they are copying uses and they try to make them look very similar but I think that they are careful to make sure that they don't cross any legal lines.  If they are infringing on copyrights/patents, then I do have a problem with it, otherwise it's just whatever.

The way I look at it is if you buy a clone or knockoff (use whatever term you'd like) you know what you are getting... something that is suppose to be similar to the real thing but it obviously isn't... with a counterfeit club you think you are getting the real thing and that is just wrong.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by max power

I don't know why I'm making a serious response in this thread, but here goes.  I don't care for the GigaGolf stuff at all.  They're blatantly selling clubs that look extremely similar to the OEM models (a quick glance at the irons page reveals PING, TM, and Callaway).  It might be one step above selling a fake, but it's a very small step.

I know this going to start a fire on this thread but take a look at some of the scotty cameron putters and see how many original designs look like other OEM putters. Obviously all putters have a different feel and that's what the buyer looks for in a putter. I'm not a scotty hater but facts are facts...

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I know this going to start a fire on this thread but take a look at some of the scotty cameron putters and see how many original designs look like other OEM putters. Obviously all putters have a different feel and that's what the buyer looks for in a putter. I'm not a scotty hater but facts are facts...

Putter manufacturers don't typically design their putters to look like other OEMs from 20 paces. There are surely exceptions (there were a lot of Zebra, T-Line, and Anser knock offs floating around back in the day (I like that saying like you like scottys, but it works) but I think we can call a spade a spade. Gigaxactly!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4783 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!