IGNORED

Need help picking new golf shoes

Note: This thread is 4804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I have 3 pairs of Dryjoys and a pair of Gel Fusions which are really comfortable.  I think that you need to stay away from the lower end shoes and make an investment in a good pair.  I don't buy anything less than Dry-Joys.

For the past 3 years Ive had a pair of Footjoy Greenjoys which are what most would consider, "low-end" shoes and even after walking 18 holes my feet still didnt hurt.  IMO, you dont need to spend over $100 to get a good pair of golf shoes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

For the past 3 years Ive had a pair of Footjoy Greenjoys which are what most would consider, "low-end" shoes and even after walking 18 holes my feet still didnt hurt.  IMO, you dont need to spend over $100 to get a good pair of golf shoes.

You don't, and I haven't spent more than $100 on any of the pairs that I own.  Nothing beats end of season clearance!  I had two previous pairs of DJs last 10 years that I threw out because the bottoms dry rotted.  When you take care of shoes they will last longer without question.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by wyofirety

i swear by oakley golf shoes. they are comfortable, they last and are priced reasonably well

My first pair of Oakley golf shoes (Bow Tye Two) arrived today. The look and feel great - had them on in the house for a minute.  They were such a GREAT price at www.oakleyvault.com that I bought a pair for my cousin, who I will be in "sports debt" with for the foreseable future - Cardinals Cubs tickets at Wrigley Field last summer, row 4 box seats.

Shoe Price ? $30. They appear to only have specific sizes at this point.  Wide widths, etc.  I took a chance on wide widths, having never bought them deliberately and they feel great. Zero noticeable difference for me.  Most wide width sizing charts state EE wide widths are .2 of an inch wider, I'm guessing that is negligable. Even if they don't feel great like mine do, wearing slightly thicker (read - NEWER) socks and tie them up tight and you're good.  Keep an eye out for more golf shoes as it looks like the site is full of closeouts and overstock.  In my style they have 10.5 11 and 11.5's left!  Early in the week they had three styles up, now only two.

Strongly recommend the Oakley golf shoes...

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

At my size (16) choices are limited, I have some FJ's, but for street and business I have a lot of ECCO's and bought some ECCO's for golf aswell, best golf shoes I ever had !!!!!

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Note: This thread is 4804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!