IGNORED

Big Block, consistent

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently switched from standard TM 105g stiff shafts to 6.5 130g flighted PX shafts.  My natural miss is a block, however now it seems that is my regular shot....

I have did my reading on blocks and what causes them but, would like to know if the weight of the shaft/stiffness of the shaft could be making it harder for me to swing the club on a better path.  If so, how?  Please explain as I'd like to know the why and not just the what.

Thanks!

Mike

A true block is caused by an in-to-out swing path and a clubface that is square to the path.  If this is what you've got, play with grip and ball position.

For what it's worth, the PX 6.5 shafts are pretty grizzly.  I've got them in my irons, and i initially hit plenty of fades until I was accustomed to them.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Well what makes it harder with the shafts is that they do not match my woods.  I play with the Superfast XCon Stiff in my driver, 3 wood, and 18° fairway.  It almost takes two different swings to produce good shots.

Originally Posted by MikeLowry5

Well what makes it harder with the shafts is that they do not match my woods.  I play with the Superfast XCon Stiff in my driver, 3 wood, and 18° fairway.  It almost takes two different swings to produce good shots.

How did you end up with the 6.5s?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!