IGNORED

Best travel bag / case for golf traveling

Note: This thread is 4766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seems like I'm going to start traveling for business soon internationally and I would

like to take my clubs with me. I have a Sunmountain Four 5 stand bag.

What's the best carrying bag to protect my clubs so that they won't have the slightest banging or pressure weight on them?

I was told to get the CLub Glove last stand bag + the stiff stick that looks like a mushroom.

But when I checked, it's $300 AND it's a soft bag...

Another retailer told me to get the molded and 50% cheaper samsonite.

Well, Any suggestions would be very nice

I have used my Cargo Golf Pro 700 around 20 times for golf trips.  The Pro 700 is an older model, can find it on ebay used for around $50.  The new 750 model is around $190.  The Pro 700 is a simple, compact design that does a good job protecting clubs (hard construction).  Because the Cargo Golf Pro is all hard construction, the airlines have never had me sign a waiver--which I had to do with a previous soft bag.  The compact, minimalist design meets my needs.   Because I only carry one large headed wood (driver), I have no trouble fitting the rest of my clubs in there (including my belly putter).  No trouble fitting in balls, tees, sunscreen, toothpaste, and other basic golf travel supplies.  Not enough room for golf shoes--usually wear trail running shoes on golf trips.   Can use with golf carts and push carts, but cumbersome to carry on your back.  Very convenient and functional--sometimes when I return from my golf trips, I just use the Cargo Golf Pro as my regular bag for a while. http://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Golf-Pro-Travel-Cover/dp/B000AYL2FS

If you carry a driver and 3 wood or want a travel bag that can hold golf shoes also, take a look at Club Glove's offerings

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Glove-Burst-Proof-Wheels/dp/B0015RY5RG/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1301366470&sr;=1-2

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I wouldn’t carry it.

It comes complete with two roller-blade like wheels… so one is able either to pull it or push it. It really doesn’t take up much more space than the bag and clubs – so no – I don’t think it’s too big.

As the advertisement indicates, it is constructed from molded military grade PE and the locks are TSA approved. It’s essentially like a hard plastic coffin for your golf clubs. I recently returned from a vacation in Aruba and my clubs are in perfect condition – the case itself takes some abuse, but not the clubs.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

after searching around and combing past the marketting ploys, I'm thinking of the CLubgliders Meridian from Sun Mountain and perhaps add the stiff shaft from club glove into it.

Anyone know about how good this travel bag is? Looks sturdier than club glove last bag and has 4 wheels.

I m using this travelling bag [IMG]http://184.72.239.143/mu/744d05b3-03c6-4754.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://184.72.239.143/mu/744d05b3-03db-0dd1.jpg[/IMG]
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

A friend at work has one we call R2-D2.  It is a hard case on the top and around the bottom, but soft in the middle.  It works out well because when clubs are not in it, it can collapse on itself to save room.  The problem with some of the harder cases especially is that they can too big to get in a car, expecially with other luggage.  I have never used it, but he says it works great and has never had a problem.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Thanks guys, I think I have made my decision.

I'm getting the Club Glider Meridian . + the Stiff Shaft from Club Glove.

Man, this will be the 4th sun mountain bag I buy. They make such awesome products.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Thanks guys, I think I have made my decision.

I'm getting the Club Glider Meridian . + the Stiff Shaft from Club Glove.

Man, this will be the 4th sun mountain bag I buy. They make such awesome products.

The ClubGlider remains an awesome product. I still love mine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the vouch, Erik.

Now I feel 100% better about getting it.

Tough to do research, since no one has clubglider and no store has it either.

Note: This thread is 4766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!