IGNORED

NAME ON BAG/Irons

Nichols74
Note: This thread is 6362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Where can I take my bag to get my name stitched on it. (Not like the pros all BIG AND BOLD just like 1/2 inch lettering or something like that ???

ANY ideas

And where could I get my Initials Stamped onto my irons... I like the way that looks.

Thanks guys

B.Nichols
10.2 HCP
Playing for 1.5 years on a once a week basis.

SasQuatch 9.5 SasQuatch 3 wood 15*755 Irons 3-PW +1 Inch 2* upright Vokey 52*Vokey Spin Milled 56* 10 Bounce CG10 60* XG9 ( Phil Replica)TP Black

find someone who does sports uniforms they usually do silk screening and stitching.. the iron stamping sorry cant help there..

goodluck

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Im my area there is a shop that specializes in luggage repair, that will do that kind of thing for golf bags.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Maybe give an upholstery shop a try...

In My Bag:
Driver: M-500 9.5° (Aldila NV 65-S Shaft)
Irons: MP60 3-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled Chrome 54.10/60.04
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 Ball: Pro V1x

thank you

B.Nichols
10.2 HCP

SasQuatch 9.5 SasQuatch 3 wood 15*755 Irons 3-PW +1 Inch 2* upright Vokey 52*Vokey Spin Milled 56* 10 Bounce CG10 60* XG9 ( Phil Replica)TP Black

Where can I take my bag to get my name stitched on it. (Not like the pros all

Nichols74,

Getting your name on your bag, especially if it is a big staff bag, requires a special very large embroidery machine few shops have. They should be able to tell you very quickly if they can or can not perform this. If you have a Taylor Made staff bag, they are the only company with the foresight to have a removable panel on the front of their bag. Stamping your irons is quite easy. All you need is a metal stamping kit available at any hardware store. Just clamp the head flat to a piece of scrap wood, get a hammer, and give it a whack. You will need some practice to get it done right, so I'd go to a pawn shop or buy some very cheap heads to experiment on. Also, if your heads are chromed, the stamping will need to be filled with paint to prevent rust.

Unless you're a pro, why would you want to get your name stitched on your bag? Just to show off a bit? Enlighten me!

I actually like the idea of stamping initials on the irons though...may help if you were to lose one of 'em...

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Unless you're a pro, why would you want to get your name stitched on your bag? Just to show off a bit? Enlighten me!

What does being pro have to do with your name on your bag? I like the idea myself. And have seen several amatures with their name on the bag. I even had it at one time. Why does a pro have a name on their bag? The caddy has the name on their back.

Driver: King Cobra SS
Woods: Nicklaus 3, 5, 7
Irons: Nicklaus Iron Max
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Odyssey White HotBall: Titleist NXT Tour or GranZHome course: Dogwood Country Club

i carry a cart bag not a staff bag, I just want my name on it....not in the spot where all the pros have it....i was thinking on the ball chute area just to be uniquie.

As far as the irons go, I spent 900 Dollars on something i want to stamp them with my BN because once again I want to be uniique.

Im not trying to be a pro, just someone with personlized stuff.

thanks for the suggestions on how to get it done.

B.Nichols
10.2 HCP

I have my name stiched on my tour bag

it was done for me as a present from Taylor Made..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I'm not saying you have to be a pro to get your named stitched on your bag...it just seems to me that I see most pros with their name on their bag. I don't think that it serves any purpose other than spectators to be able to know who is who...if it's the lesser name pros anyway...

Again...I like the idea of the stamps on the irons though!

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I tried to find someone for a long time that would put my name on my bag but couldn't so I just went with my initials. I got those iron on letters from a craft store and they worked great. They have been on my bag and putter cover all year without any problems. My next bag will have my name on it but it has to be ordered from the manufacturer that way.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

If you have a BURTON bag, their service center can probably get it done. I sent one of mine, (circa 1986) in for zipper replacement, which involved disassembly of the bag. Had ALL the zips replaced. $40 + S&H.; Burton quality, they aren't kidding.

Give 'em a call. 800.633.4630

Bag?
Titleist
975L-FE 8.5*
975F 14.5*
975F 18.5*DCI Gold 2-PW Vokey 200 60*Never CompromiseZ/1 Delta 2NXT Spheres

Note: This thread is 6362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!