IGNORED

pull carts

Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wondering about what everyone thought about push/pull carts. basicaaly is it worth and or neccessary to spend the money and get a decent cart or will the cheap ones do just the same

I really like my push cart.  I spent around $40 on a basic push cart.  If I could play 18 holes of golf more than 2-3X per month, I would recommend one of the higher end carts (ex. Clicgear)  The higher end carts fold into a smaller size, roll better, and have locking brakes.  If, like me, you are only able to play 18 holes less than 4X per month, then just get a basic push cart; but if you play 1X per week or more frequently, definitely worth spending the money on a nicer cart.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Ive got a $25 one that I bought at Target and it works just fine for me.  Id love to have a 3-wheel push cart, but I find it difficult to justify spending $150 on one when my cheap little $25 one works just fine.

I think carts are a good thing for people who walk because it saves stress on your back.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I said screw it and bought a speedcart v1. it was 175 on sale at roger dunn because of some holiday weekend sale. I love it. no problems and have played about 50 rounds with it so far. the $40 dollar ones work just fine as well. the V1 is built better of course. and has a few extra perks. but if you don't care about the cup holder, then just get a pull cart. small and easy to use. plus, it is $40 or less, depending on where you get one and if you don't like it, you only spent $40 or less.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I bought a Linksman X7 3-wheel push cart about two seasons ago, and it has been a tremendous upgrade over my 10-year old  2-wheel Wal-Mart special.  My Linksman cost <$100 (eBay through Manufacturer), and it has been very durable and reliable (play 9 holes about three days per week, with the odd 18-hole round thrown in there).  The pneumatic wheels and other features make it a breeze to manuever and navigate.  Two snaps up in a circle.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at another thread discussing carts vs carrying and found some of the linksman x-6 s on ebay.  Watching a couple of those auctions to see how high they go,  I think with the the actual inflated tires, they should roll better and look like they fold up very easily and somewhat compact.  They're about $100 retail on there, if one goes for less i might get one,   With a nice cart like that, i would pretty much walk almost all the time when playing alone, which is many times 2-3 times a week or more so it would get a lot of use.    Ive used the cheap carts that most courses provide and they're ok but ive noticed that most players that walk regularly dont use them, they have their own.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Pull carts are less expensive.  If you don't like rust, then get aluminum.  I got my Z-Tech for around $80.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got a Trekker TC3 push cart and love it.  It folds down nicely and is really light.  The bigger wheels make it easier to get up and over obstacles (branches, etc.) and they're no maintenance (i.e. not inflatable but solid).  It's got a nice "glove box" to hold my iPhone/GPS and has a removable, screw-on umbrella holder which will hold an open umbrella over me while I walk if it starts to rain.  For me, I like pushing over pulling because it puts less stress on my upper back and shoulders.

Re cost - it was worth it to me because otherwise I would ride and that costs $12+ per round.  I figure if I use this thing 15 times it's paid for itself.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!