IGNORED

How many wedges do you carry?

pueblo
Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've tried a bunch.  I am a wedge junkie so I've got a 54, 56, 58, 60 vokey, 56 and 64 x forged and a 53 mizuno.

I was carrying the two wedges from my set (45 and 50) then a 58 and 64.  Ok with me.

I also carried 52, 56, 60 in the past, nice combo.

Now I'm carrying the 45, 50, 56, 60 and seems pretty good.  I used to have trouble taking some off the 60 for the 60 to 70 yard shot but have gotten better.

Might be buying a new 60 or 64.  My 56 x forged bought today for 35 new.  My 64 is almost 3 years old so doesn't perform the way it did.  I like the super spin I got from it when it was new.  Now it is just average spinning.

I've been tinkering too much.  It is hard to be as accurate when your switching clubs all the time.   What you carry in terms of loft/bounce is preference.  I don't care for the 54 for some reason.  Like the 56 more.

Brian

I use 2 wedges, Tour SV 54 and 60 degree. There's so many options even with just the two.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Originally Posted by Tiger Spuds

I use 2 wedges, Tour SV 54 and 60 degree. There's so many options even with just the two.

When I go with a 54 and 60, I usually put either a pitching wedge or really weak 9-iron in the bag too, so I basically have 3 wedges.

One old set I have has really weak lofts, so I go 8-iron, 52 degree wedge, 60 degree. When I'm waffling between the 8-iron and the gap wedge, I probably get some funny looks.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!