IGNORED

How many wedges do you carry?

pueblo
Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 55 and 58.  Finally learning when to hit which club.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

48* wilson sabre PW and a Nike SV Tour (thanks wet dogg) 56* SW.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by pueblo

oops

Don't worry -- it's a common thing here.  I figured I'd give you what were probably 100+ posts worth of answers to your question instead of having to wait for them to come in!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

52, 56, 60. Perfect spacing with my 47 pitching wedge that came with my irons. You must have perfect spacing with the wedges...it helps me shoot lower! also make sure your grooves are good and clean before you hit

910 D2 Driver 9.5*, adams.gif Speedline Hybrid Fairway 15*, adams.gif Idea Pro Gold Tour Prototype 20*, wilson_staff.gif FG Forged Tour Irons 4-PW, cleveland.gif CG 11 Gap Wedge 52*, cleveland.gif CG 10 wedges 56* and 60*, odyssey.gif White Ice Rossie Putter

srixon.gif Z-Star ('11)

43, 55 and 60. Rarely use the 55 though.

Frank

taylormade.gifBurner Superfast 2.0 3 Wood, RBZ Tour 2 Hybrid, Burner Superfast 2.0 3 Hybrid
taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 Irons 4-PW
titleist.gif 50*, 54*, 60* Vokey Wedges

taylormade.gif Corza Ghost Putter

45* PW, 55* GW and a 60* LW.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

My set up has changed over the last months ...... I now choose my sandwedge bounce depening on the sand condition in the bunkers.

Fewer options in the wedges brings lower scores as it is very demanding to control 4 or even 5 wedges......

I  brought options back to only two.

My sets PW is a 47* further I have three vokeys : 52/08, 58/08 and 58/12

I normally bring a 52/08 and 58/08, but for courses with soft sand in the bunkers I replace the 8* for the 12* bounce sand/lob wedge.

So I basicly it allways is 47-52-58 for me.

At courses I don't need to bring the 2 iron for some long par 3's, I bring both 58 wedges, as the 12* bounce is also great for greenside pitching from heavy rough.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I carry 5 wedges. 47 pw, 50 gw, 56 sw, 60 lw, 64 lw Funny thing is, on the course I play I have plenty of opportunity to use them all. There are a lot of elevation changes mixed with rather large multi level greens. I know people say set yourself up for your best shot but my set up shot isn't my best shot I guess you could. Therefore I need a club for all positioning around the green.

When its breezy swing easy!!!!!

taylormade.gif Superfast 10.5
cobra.gif  3W .350 Oversize Tip
cobra.gif S9 Irons 4-GWcallaway.gif 56 Degree SW Golfmate 60 Degree callaway.gif 64 Degree odyssey.gif 3300 DF putter

47.5 PW, 52 GW, 56 SW, 60 LW

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

48 PW

52 GW

56.14 SW

62.12 LW

I know the 62 ruins my progression but I just love using that club within 5 yards of the green.  Everything else from 100 in I use the 56 (unless I have the right distance for a full shot with the 62).

Brad

48 PW

52 GW

56.14 SW

62.12 LW

I know the 62 ruins my progression but I just love using that club within 5 yards of the green.  Everything else from 100 in I use the 56 (unless I have the right distance for a full shot with the 62).

"Fix" your progression like this -> 48' 52' 57' 62' That's what I carry. ;-) My non-CC wedges are -> 52' 56' 60' but, I seldom game them.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I haven't played golf in 3 years when I was in high school (I had to stop when I broke my wrists in), but when I played I only used a 56*. I'm sure another wedge or two could have helped a bit, but I did well with just that one.

When I can afford new clubs, I'll probably get a 50* and a 56*.

I used to play pw 47, then 54 and 58. now I have 47, 51, 54, 58 in my bag. it is well balanced I must say. easy to make a club decision now within 120 yards.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!