IGNORED

First round of the season

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally got out for my first round this year.

What a day.

Winds were around 10km/h when we teed off and got off to a great start with 2 pars; 2 FIRs and GIRS and a couple 2 putts.

Then the wind came....40km/h steady gusting to 80km/h....unreal.

Was hitting my 5 hybrid into greens from 150 yards, and hitting my pitching wedge into greens at 170 yards....one par 3 was 140 yards 40 feet downhill and I punched my 6 iron to to make the green ....couldn't believe the wind, was very hard to concentrate, I really grinded and managed an 85 which I was VERY happy with considering. Last hole was a 540 yard par 5, hit a great drive that rode the left to right wind to centre of the fairway, then hit my 4 wood 240 to the fringe, 2 putted for birdie.

Was a good day, would of liked to of seen what I could of scored if the wind wasn't around, was pretty fun though battling it. Had a lot of chip and one putts because I couldn't hit many greens

44 on the front, 41 on the back, 10 fairwatys, 7 greens....driving was very good considering it has been the worst part of my game recently. 31 putts....had 4 double bogeys which really annoyed me, but still happy with score

Dropped my handicap to 10.8....can't wait for next weekend!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I had my first round of the season yesterday.  Weather was nice, getting warmer and windier as the round went on.  I got off to a rough start with a bogey, triple, then double on the first 3 holes.  Despite all that, I shot 81.  Putting was impossible on this course, as the greens were ridiculously slow.  I have plenty to work on...but there is promise this season

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Got in my first two rounds this weekend. Hit the ball terrible on Sat, but shot a 76. Hit the ball great on Sunday and shot a 83. Funny game!

Just nice to be out there again, even though the grass was a bit brown.

Have a good season!

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Note: This thread is 4761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!