IGNORED

Eye candy golf holes

BritBoy
Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As much as I hate WVU, I went to the Sugar Bowl in 05-06, to watch UGAlose to WVU, and the Gator Bowl this year to watch my team GT lose to WVU, I'm a big Par 3 lover, seems they're just immaculate. Maybe b/c it's less acerage to take care of.

On a side note, I went to GT, dad went to UGA, grandfather and great uncle went to WVU. However, WVU can't cover GT in golf, basketball, baseball, nor can a course in WV cover Augusta and this is a golf forum.
There may be more beautiful holes that I have played, but when the foursome I was playing with walked up to this hole we were just like WOW what a drop off.

I played Turtle Bay on Hawaii, most of the course was Eye Candy, but so was most of the island outside Honalulu. However, the cost of living is more like an 'Eye Soar'

Mauna Lani, The Big Island - Hawaii

• 1 month later...
Not really Eye Candy however.
Played these 3 courses in April, before the local courses open.
About 1.5 hours from my town (Banff).
Most golfers from here make the pilgrimage to Radium.

It's nice to drive for 1.5 hours, and go from winter to spring.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/558796093yEJqGG

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

• 3 weeks later...
after looking at those pictures from bampff i think i might need to make a trip there for golf and not just skiing...

is there any time in the year when golf and skiing are both open?

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

That's the kind of hole to which it's fun to hit something really high, but to which it's probably a lot smarter to basically punch some low thing right down the hill.

Wow what a hole... I bet that green takes a BEATING when its wet from high shots landing down on it. I bet a lot of balls get plugged in the green too. Better bring your ball mark fixers to that hole.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

after looking at those pictures from bampff i think i might need to make a trip there for golf and not just skiing...

The course here opens May 5th, and skiing at Sunshine Village ends on the 20th.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Not really Eye Candy however.

Do they let you stash a flyrod in your bag and fish the stream between shots

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

However, WVU can't cover GT in golf, basketball, baseball, nor can a course in WV cover Augusta and this is a golf forum.

I will give you golf, as we do not have a golf team, and I will give you baseball because our baseball team sucks. But I am not going to give you basketball. Augusta may be one of the best golf courses but there are quite a few here in WV that are very nice and nationally ranked every year.

mstuk, I checked out the website for the Old Head Course in Ireland. The layout is downright evil. How did you fair on this course?

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

Well I must admit I had the best round of our trip we played Ballybunnion , Waterville and Old Head and I shot 30 points , 32 points and 34 points respectively and at old head it blowed and rained . I have to say I had a caddy who was fantastic though and a great help . He also muttered the now immortal words to one of my partners who had gone through the back of a par three and asked how it would be " sir you're proper f***ed "

A few years ago I was tlked into playing a local tournament for charity near Martinsburg, WV. It was sposored by a local stripper bar. Flag girls at each green and mobil beverage cart all "manned" by the dancers of said club. All topless! Yeah, thats eye candy!

you want some eye candy golf holes I have just come back from old head and 16 of 18 holes are eye candy check it out

What a course.

That is absolutely amazing.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

I have family who lives 5 minutes from Kinsale, a lot of the locals were upset about the old head being built there because it used to be great hiking trails. The price tag is pretty insane, I agree the views look nuts in the photos online but from what Ive heard of the place from people who have played there it wasnt worth it.

I played the K Club while I was in Ireland for spring break, the weather wasnt too good and it was still the winter in ireland so maybe thats why it wasnt so nice, but for the price it wasnt even close to worth it. The Country club here in lansing has more charm than the K club, I guess I just like older style golf courses with a lot of trees though. Im sure the K Club is nice in the summer as well.

Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!