IGNORED

medicus swing trainer

cantputt
Note: This thread is 4140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played around with a medicus at a sporting goods store this weekend. I can definitely see how it would help teach the right positions, etc. but I don't think I'd have the patience or the inclination to regularly use it at the range. That said, I do think it would be more helpful to have one than not.

My problem was I was trying to get my slice out and I could still slice the ball and the club never "hinge" Who knows...??

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

This thread really makes me want to try one of these.

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

• 2 years later...

I saw a Medicus driver/7 iron together on Craigslist for $75, so I figured what the hoo and bought them (these would've cost over $200 normally). My thoughts on using them effectively:

If you have a fairly serious swing flaw relating to plane, wrist collapse, casting, etc. this will help. It at least allows you to improve these deficiencies. If you're a big time slicer, I think it will really help improve that.

The thing about tempo being disrupted because of the need for a slow backswing - I agree to an extent, but I think I've found an effective way to utilize the Medicus without this being a problem.  I'll take about 5 practice swings with the Medicus and then a few practice swings with my actual club before hitting a few balls. If the swing with the actual club doesn't "feel" right in terms of the things I rely on Medicus for, I'll back off and swing a few more with it to jog my muscle memory, then repeat the process. I absolutely don;t advise trying to hit balls with Medicus, though they advertise that you can do this. That will certainly kill your tempo and feel as you try to hit a ball like you normally would with these clunky, collapsing tools.

I don;t know if these clubs have helped me, but my swing has improved a lot in the three months since I've had them. Who knows if they're the reason, but it seems like they've helped. I'd like to see a forum pro comment, as I'm certainly not qualified to act as an expert here. Just my two cents.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!