• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Gotcha, yeah it's hard to tell from single aerial pictures what the rough is like. From that picture everything on the right just looks like traditional rough, not necessarily fescue. But that makes sense now.
    • I mean maybe? Or maybe they just aren't playing frequently enough to stay super sharp.  Just because they don't put up good results doesn't mean they aren't trying/practicing.
    • Left is all lateral hazard, yea. Half the fairway slopes left towards it. You can kind of make out the mow line where the rough ends on the right and the fescue begins, which lines the entire hole. And now that the fescue is grown in, it’s just pure luck finding a ball in it. The hole plays narrower than it appears. I don’t mind hitting 7 iron or something into this green. It’s fairly large with a wide collection area short. And I’m apparently much better out of a fairway bunker than I give myself credit for. I think avoiding a big number is a much higher priority than trying to shoot a low one. It’s the #2 handicap hole on this nine.
    • There are a couple of local courses that would qualify for US Open qualifiers.    The Flint Elks Club was used as a qualifier for the Buick Open back in the day and plays 6900+.  It can be challenging for elite golfers if they let the rough grow.   I believe Fred Couples has the course record at 63. The other course that could be used for a US qualifier is Sugarbush in Davison.  If they left the rough long it would challenge any golfer.  It plays 7283 from the tips with a rating of 75.9 / 147.  It was voted one of the best public courses in Michigan recently.
    • I get it. Believe me, I get it.  The one thing I will say for Bryson is he is one of the very few LIV guys who's still trying to improve his game. A lot of the LIV guys feel like they are just mailing it in. They got the huge payday and now they are just trying to fulfill their obligations to show up. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...