IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

At one time I would have answered Ping, then Taylor Made, later I would have said Cleveland, somewhere in there I would have answered Titleist. Today I would answer Srixon. Tomorrow, who knows?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nike because of the innovation. I love my Titlest wedges and Scotty putter, but not as much as my Nike irons. The Nike Unitized putter seems pretty nice, and I'd gladly trade my Taylormade woods for Nike Sumo Squared.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Fairly easy question for me. Taylormade. Fantastic innovations with the drivers and I love my new irons. IMO, the wedges are comprable to titleists.

Have never used a TM putter, but I dont think I would have trouble adjusting to a Rossa.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I would go with PING because, they make amazing irons. Their woods are great, they have been making great putters for a long time, but the only thing that I'm not a big fan of is their wedges, I can't get as much feel as I can with my Cleveland.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I had all Cleveland clubs but within the past 6 months or so have replaced two of them. Cleveland Halo hybrid replaced with a Cobra Baffler DWS and my Never Compromise Milled Series being replaced by a Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2.

I still think it's very easy to play one companies clubs if you really wanted to. All of the top companies make real quality.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Titleist no problem.

I can see the majority of my bag being Titleist very soon, if I buy new irons.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

i like most cobra clubs, but a close second is Taylormade

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Right now I have Callaway Irons, Carlton Wedges, Cleveland Driver and Hybrids.
The older I get the better I like the Callaways.

Guess that is a mixed bag. I still have my old ping eye 2's.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

I am currently working towards the all Titleist bag, minus irons, as I prefer to go with custom fit brands that provide better facilities than major brand names.

I am however also tempted by an all Callaway bag

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

If I could use only one brand club it would be Titleist.
They're known as a "players club" manufacturer sooooooooo I would be alot better golfer than I really am if I played Titleist. Makes sense in a weird and warped kinda way.

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

for me its a toss up between titleist and callaway. I picked titleist tho cuz i love the way thieir woods look and they make nice forged blade irons whereas callaway doesn't

If I could use only one brand club it would be Titleist.

I disagree--I think more people prefer Titleist because of the quality and craftsmanship of the clubs.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I disagree--I think more people prefer Titleist because of the quality and craftsmanship of the clubs.

Well I think that goes along with 'players' clubs. Since high handicappers can barely tell what they are hitting, the quality standards for those kind of clubs is lower. But a scratch golfer can tell a lot by the feel of the club, therefore, companies are forced to hold there 'players' clubs to higher standards.

Well I think that goes along with 'players' clubs. Since high handicappers can barely tell what they are hitting, the quality standards for those kind of clubs is lower. But a scratch golfer can tell a lot by the feel of the club, therefore, companies are forced to hold there 'players' clubs to higher standards.

Yep, exactly. Plus even Titleist's 'game improvement' irons aren't even all that forgiving compared to other clubs in the same category. I'd put Mizuno in that same group as well and I don't think it's coincidence that a lot of 'better' players prefer Titleist and Mizuno. Not that I'm saying higher handicap players shouldn't play Titleist or Mizuno. Actually, with the right dedication I think many would encourage a player to play clubs better than they are.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Yep, exactly. Plus even Titleist's 'game improvement' irons aren't even all that forgiving compared to other clubs in the same category. I'd put Mizuno in that same group as well and I don't think it's coincidence that a lot of 'better' players prefer Titleist and Mizuno. Not that I'm saying higher handicap players shouldn't play Titleist or Mizuno. Actually, with the right dedication I think many would encourage a player to play clubs better than they are.

yeah I would agree with that, titleist's and mizuno's 'game improvement' clubs are less forgiving. the MX-25 is mizuno's 'game improvement' iron, yet it is less forgiving (imho) than the Callaway X-20 tour, one of callaway's 'players' irons. Titleist 755 are supposedly for the mid handicapper, but there are a few guys on tour with them. However, while mizunos focus isn't really on the high handicapper, they do have some clubs available for them(unlike titleist). I can't see any 20+ handicapper using any of titleist's current irons(even AP1). However, I can(and do) see players struggling to break 100 with MX-19's(mizunos super game improvement, cast iron.) . And yes, I would also encourage a player to play clubs better than they are. I'm currently considering dropping my RAC OS2 for some AP1s or MP-57's.

yeah I would agree with that, titleist's and mizuno's 'game improvement' clubs are less forgiving. the MX-25 is mizuno's 'game improvement' iron, yet it is less forgiving (imho) than the Callaway X-20 tour, one of callaway's 'players' irons. Titleist 755 are supposedly for the mid handicapper, but there are a few guys on tour with them. However, while mizunos focus isn't really on the high handicapper, they do have some clubs available for them(unlike titleist). I can't see any 20+ handicapper using any of titleist's current irons(even AP1). However, I can(and do) see players struggling to break 100 with MX-19's(mizunos super game improvement, cast iron.) .

Good call.

I also like/respect Titleist and Mizunos TOP_DOWN approach. I think you get a little more respect when your priorities are in your high-end player's clubs. Even though it wont get you as much margin > i think respect goes a long way too. Put yourself in a high-handicapper's perspective, If a company can make $1200 clubs that are used on tour by many, its going to persuade my decision on buying sub $770 clubs. just my thoughts. ps: that being said, next month i will be picking up my set of (fitted) 755's that i picked for a steal.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!