IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

• Administrator

Titleist. Reasons being:

1. Wedges: Vokeys have been my favorites for years.
  2. Putters: You're not "giving anything up" by using Scotty Camerons. They may not be your absolute favorite - Ping, etc. - but "they'll do"
  3. Irons: Great forged irons. If they're good enough for Ernie and Adam...
  4. Drivers/Woods: The 904 is nice, and Titleist woods always look nice, at least. And they perform well, too. Not worth switching just on account of two clubs.
How about you guys?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im with you erik!

Bridgestone J33p Tour. Fuji Zcom MW 54x
Titleist 905R 9.5 Diamana Ion 63x
Titleist 904f 13 Aldila R&D Proto 65x
Bridgestone Airmuscle 19 Bonzai 75x
3-PW - Titleist 670 DG Superlite s300 56 deg - Solus 5661 deg - Solus 61Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Ball - V1x. B330. HX Tour 56

Cleveland for me - If its good enough for the big Fijian its good enough for me

Drivers - more than enough to do the job.
Fairway woods - ditto.
Irons - take you pick from every shape,size,material and finish you want.
Wedges - as good as they get in every available loft,bounce etc
Putters - never comprise are becoming some of the best out there rapidly.

Could be struggling for a ball though - unlike you Titleist chaps !!!!!

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Hogan and Spalding are owned by Callwaway now as far as i know...........

Thomas Bjorn is using Hogan blades under his "Callaway" contract.

So you ARE covered here

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Well, I'm not going to go all in-depth about why I would select the brand I voted for because I really haven't hit any of these brands enough to determine anything. I have generic irons, with some other brands thrown in there for my driver, wedge, putter, etc. So this is just a personal answer, not anything researched.

But if I had enough money to buy a new set of woods, irons, wedges, etc., I would go with Taylor Made. I have read good things about their irons, and I have actually hit a lot of their woods.

I'm not real sure about the wedges they have, but other than that, I think Taylor Made would be a solid fit for me. But like I said, once I hit all the clubs, I could easily go with Titleist too. I have just always been a fan of the Taylor Made PGA guys.

I just bought a used set of Titleist DCI 981 irons about a month ago. They are similar in size and shape (and shaft lenght) to my old Wilson irons, so they have a similar feel. I am very pleased with them after 4 trips to the range and 2 rounds of eighteen. I love the newest irons from Callaway, but I'm to cheap to part with that much $$$.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I just bought new clubs. They're TaylorMade.

TaylorMade r7 Quad Driver 9.5 Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Neutral Stiff
TaylorMade RAC OS Graphite Stiff
TaylorMade RAC Black Wedges 52, 56, 60 degrees
TaylorMade TPA VII PutterMaxfli Black MaxHome Course

I would definately go with Titleist. It is what I have. There is no doubt that there is nothing out there that is better quality than any of the Titleist Products. Top to bottom they have no weak products.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

I not only "would" - I do !
TM r7 driver - no comment needed
3W and 5W - TM 200 - best fwy woods ever made
3i - pw - TM RAC TP Combo - best out of "combo" clubs.
52, 58 RAC Satin wedges - feel as good as Vokey, but more durable surface
TM Monza Mezza Putter - wanted center-shafted, switched at good price, never going back.

Taylor rules !

( No, I don't have TM bag. they stink. I've Nike bag and shoes. )

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of clubmakers I respect. I have an aversion to TaylorMade's irons for some reason... they just look wierd. But having said that, I'd probably play Ping G2's and they look like crap on a stick. The driver I'd love to play is the G2, I've heard lots of great things about them (forgiveness and good distance) and have swung a couple at the showroom, never on course... so who knows.

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport 2, TM Mezza, Yes! Olivia (have those and they are good)

But I'll go with... uh... for the rest of the bag

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I'd go probably Mizuno irons, Taylormade woods and Scratch wedges with a Slighter putter. TM have the edge in the woods I believe even they do bring out a new model every fortnight. You can't beat the feeling of a Mizuno iron. Scratch wedges and Slighter putters I have heard so many great things about them I can't say no

• Administrator
I'd go probably Mizuno irons, Taylormade woods and Scratch wedges with a Slighter putter. TM have the edge in the woods I believe even they do bring out a new model every fortnight. You can't beat the feeling of a Mizuno iron. Scratch wedges and Slighter putters I have heard so many great things about them I can't say no

Ya can't mix your bag. That's the whole point of the question!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 4 months later...
You need PING in there yo.
So far in my driver search I like the G2 best and I want to try the G5 line as well. Haven't tried their fairway woods, but will.
They are by far my favorite iron manufacturer for both the quality and customizability.
I wouldn't use their wedges if I had the choice, but they are still very nice and do the job well.
Any Anser type putter would do the job for me.

Bag:
Driver- ??? Shopping
3 Wood- Callaway Steelhead III
Hybrid- TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 iron
Irons- PING I3 O-size 4-PW Rifle 5.5Wedges- 54* soon to be either Taylormade y cutter or Vokey SM60* Vokey Spin Milled 8* bouncePutter- YES! Golf C-groove TracyBall- Titleist NXT Tour

I'd pick TM first since I'm not about to give up my R5 . They do have some nice irons and wedges, but I've never tried their putters even though they are making a presence on tour. I'm a big fan of Mizuno for irons and wedges but not a fan of their woods (and I don't like their staff bag). Titleist would be my second choice...at least I could keep the ProV1 then .

Chris

What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!