IGNORED

Anyone playing with big grips? Oversized, Jumbo, XXL. Questions about grip size.

Zeph
Note: This thread is 4731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its also going to depend on how you grip the club.  Gripped more in the fingers, you'll likely require a smaller grip than if you grip more in the palm.  Some people hold the club differently.  I play midsize grips and for me, I held a club with midsize grips and just knew it was more comfortable.  I haven't considered the distance between my fingers and palm but I play way better with midsize.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

Judging by the intro to the vid and your photos you need to get the grip more into your fingers and not on the palm. This will give you much more control. If the end of the club ever falls into the palm aka no man's land you will find yourself spraying inaccurate shots. Grip the club down into your fingers and then check where the tips touch :)

I actually grip in my fingers, it just looks a bit weird. My calluses are alle in the fingers, right where they would be for anyone gripping it in the fingers. My conclusion from this is that what I do different is to lay the thumb pad over my fingers, instead of supporting it by pulling the thumb back.

I tried putting 4 wraps of tape on my 7i and playing some rounds with it. I don't really like how it feels and will remove the tape again, playing all my clubs without any tape.

A grip is not wrong as long as it works, and think my grip works. I may never be sure if it's a problem or not of course, but I don't think it's a big issue. I tried supporting the hand more by pulling the left thumb back but that just gave me less control of the club, it was like the club was gone on the backswing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting a bit puzzled about correct grip size until I stumbled across a Charles Lindup grip explanation, He talks about hooking the left index finger on first, applying upward pressure from there then placing the heel pad on top of the shaft and applying downward pressure from there. This seems to take out the other 3 fingers and grip size no longer seems an issue. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this and if so how much pressure should be applied by the left index finger?

Any truth to the idea that larger grips on wedges improves accuracy?

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Note: This thread is 4731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!