IGNORED

Found my perfect 3 wood...

Note: This thread is 4737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, the Ping truck was at nearby golf range and I decided to go and test their G15 3 wood, both shafts. I use a R flex. He only had it with the Aldila Serrano, Which felt good. For the TFC 149, he let me hit the K15. I hit both off the tee and off the deck. I was pleasently surprised with the Serrano. Both clubs were long, the balls exploded off the faces. I hit them both high too. YET, off the deck, most of my G15 shots went right. Not too far, and not a slice. With the K15, every deck shot was a laser, straight as can be where ever I aimed. I am sold on Ping. For woods. They make incredible stuff. Although I will never give up my forged Mizzy irons. Yet I never thought there would be 3 woods so easy to hit off the deck. So I just ordered my K15 this morning online.  This is why it is always good  to test before you buy. I was dead set on getting the G15, for looks, reputation and reviews. Yet hitting better shots with the K15, was the best thing for me. I made the mistake of buying the G10 driver on sale, yet lucked out that it worked out for me. The K15 is super GI, and doesn't look as good as the G15. Do I care? Not on your life, now that my shots will be dead acurate. And still long. So,.... now that my ranting is over, I suggest anyone wanting a 3 wood that is incredibly easy to hit off the deck, and tee, try this club.

No surprise--just like the K15 driver, the K15 3 wood is getting incredible reviews.  After realizing that I simply hit Ping woods better than anything else, I recently sold or traded many of my other fairway woods and hybrids, keeping primarily my Pings.  I still have some Nike SQ II and Sumo Sq woods, but they are in a backup role.  I use a G15 4 wood, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before I pick up a K15 3 wood.  From most things I've read, people seem to prefer the K15 3 wood to the G15 4 wood, which is crazy considering how good the G15 4 wood is.  Enjoy the new club.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

Note: This thread is 4737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now