IGNORED

Best Value on a new driver?

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just looking for some thoughts on what everyone thinks the best VALUE on a 2-3 year old driver would be?  I was think the Callaway FT-3 Tour driver or the Bridgestone J33R?  Anyone others out there??  Thanks!

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Check out the Cobra stuff. Their S2 driver is a monster, and can be had very cheap with a great stock shaft.

I still love my TM R7 TP from 2006.  Nothing wrong with 'old' gear.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Im quite happy with my Nickent 4DX Driver. Its from 08 and while it doesn't have all the hype of taylormades or callaways in my hunt for a driver I swung the Callway FT i driver as well as the Callway FT-iQ driver and then finally the Ping G10. I ended up going with the 4DX mostly because of price but now that I have it, while it is not as long as the FT-i or as strait as the FT-iQ it is a nice balance. It is easy to control, has a large sweet spot has good distance and good forgiveness but it not very much swayed into either category and feels very similar to me to the G10 Driver from ping. The 4DX got very good reviews and when it was new saw quite a bit of use on the Nationwide tour. The huge difference for me between the G10 and the 4DX.. price. A brand spanking new 4dx is about $50-$70 a used G10 even in the worst of playable Condition is at least $100 and more likely closer to $130 or $140.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Thanks for the reply's, I had a R5 TP a while back and wish I would have kept it.  I will have to take a look at the S2's and the 4DX.  T

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!