IGNORED

Westwood and Rory not playing in the players?

franky21
Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Quote:

Originally Posted by franky21

Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion. I feel how i feel and you really don't have to agree with me that is the beauty of debating a topic. I personally don't let other peoples comments bother me because everyone thinks differently and has different outlooks on things. These forums are actually to talk about anything that is on your mind about the game we all love to watch and play. If you look at that topic it really was a hit and made front page on this site so it was a very good topic to debate. I really take time on putting good threads up that i know can be debatable.  No reason to get upset because you don't agree with me. I value your opinion on my topic don't really care for the way you went about it but it is freedom of speech and i am glad you got it off of your chest..

If I came across a bit off or even aggressive I apologise. Look you're a proud American and that's fine. The PGA tour is stronger, more depth. I don't think that's up for debate. It's just that right now the best players happen to be European. Just don't bag some of the pros for not wanting to play there all the time. I'm all for the top players playing each other regularly. They probably want to as well. The 2 tours don't allow it. To get euro card you have to play minimum 13 events and I'd imagine the PGA is the same. So to play in other events on the your you are not a member of you either have to high be up the OWGR or invitations. A world tour where the best players play each other on the best courses around the globe now wouldn't that be what we all want.

I agree with you the european players are playing amazing so is Luke as we speak at TPC. I really don't have a preference of players i like them all euro or american. I think the euros  make the game more global but it isn't like they haven't been playing good for years. I just think now that they have won 4 consecutive majors everyone is starting to look at them a little differently. World tour would be great but there is a reason why they play where they play.They all have families and just can't travel around the world all season long. But everything is fine the way it is i just would like to see Kaymer and Westwood more just because they are great players and there high rankings but they do play in the big tournaments which is what really matters.

I agree with you the european players are playing amazing so is Luke as we speak at TPC. I really don't have a preference of players i like them all euro or american. I think the euros  make the game more global but it isn't like they haven't been playing good for years. I just think now that they have won 4 consecutive majors everyone is starting to look at them a little differently. World tour would be great but there is a reason why they play where they play.They all have families and just can't travel around the world all season long. But everything is fine the way it is i just would like to see Kaymer and Westwood more just because they are great players and there high rankings but they do play in the big tournaments which is what really matters.

Hey there's good players both side of the pond that's all that matters. And as you said families do get in the way in the way of playing golf, lol. The Players has has been great, but always think it's funny that the pros struggle on 17. Few years ago when I played it, it was easy 8i onto green. Now I did 3 putt though. Anyway good hitting.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by the19thhole

Quote:

Originally Posted by franky21

Hey there's good players both side of the pond that's all that matters. And as you said families do get in the way in the way of playing golf, lol. The Players has has been great, but always think it's funny that the pros struggle on 17. Few years ago when I played it, it was easy 8i onto green. Now I did 3 putt though. Anyway good hitting.

I guess the shot is a little different when you now that if the shot goes in the water there goes $250,000 dollars.lol. But hitting that green has to be a great feeling maybe one day i will have the pleasure of playing it. Yes family does get in the way of golf alot of times, that is the reason i couldn't go play 18 today. Like you said alot of good players on both sides but the european players are making more noise. Should be a very exciting sunday i will be watching.

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!