IGNORED

Sha**ing My Irons - Video Advice Please

Note: This thread is 4745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jonny1409

Do you have any drills or videos you'd recommend would help me with this?

I'm quite happy to put the work in and start from scratch if that's what's required.

Thanks again.

I'd start with Shawn Clement's videos on youtube (clemshaw).  He's a gifted teacher, and explains things in terms just about anyone can understand.  I discounted him at first because he didn't look like a golfer to me, then I realized I didn't either, so I'd better not use that as a reference point.  You don't have to go straight to the range after watching them.  Just watch them and absorb the concepts.  Then figure out how to put it all together with drills.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Go see a good teaching pro.  It will save you COUNTLESS $$ spent on wasted miserable rounds of golf and wasted miserable range sessions.

We are all giving your tips what could work, or what has worked for us in the past.. etc...but compared to a good pro, most of us (myself included) do not have years of experience on studying the golf swing and teaching it to struggling players.

The reason why you are shanking is because you are coming over the top.in the video you can clearly see that your right shoulder is coming over and out.  This can be because your hitting at the ball with your arms and hand.  You should be starting our downswing from the bottom up. Try and swing in to out a good drill is to hit shots with a head cover under ur arm and dont let it fall out. another one i think is if you put a golf ball under ur right heel that also helps.

Note: This thread is 4745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!