IGNORED

Has anybody used a Balance Board.

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was reading some other forums and then did a little research on using a balance board to get a better stance. I just bought a Vew-Do Progression Fit so I can also use it for other work outs as well. Thoughts? Suggestions? Waste of money?

I've used them to rehab my knees and ankles after surgery.  They are very good for developing balance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by gettingbetterNH

I was reading some other forums and then did a little research on using a balance board to get a better stance. I just bought a Vew-Do Progression Fit so I can also use it for other work outs as well. Thoughts? Suggestions? Waste of money?

I've used it and find that it's not particularly versatile.  There is a product called a bosu balance trainer that works a little better.  You can flip it over to get a similar feel to the balance board.  I like to do dumbell work with for my deltoids on one of these.  A huge part of balance is foot strength, so doing some type of calves work on these helps a lot too.  And, as always, doing good form front squats is excellent for your legs, glutes, and lower back....all help your stance.  You don't just go down on these, you need to tuck your tailbone under you to engage the right core muscles, and keep your body from falling forward.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

It helps to train balance, but gets boring pretty quick. I tried it for fun. In case you plan to buy it have in mind that you need a place to use it. It's easy to crash with that thing.

It would say it's a waste of money.

Note: This thread is 4736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!