IGNORED

My Swing (GoCobbers95)

GoCobbers95
Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ufdah do I have issues!

I CANNOT consistently hit my driver. And when I say consistently hit, I mean I cannot make decent contact even. A typical ball pattern looks like a slight hook running on top of the ground or a sky-high pop up off to the right.

Sometimes I feel as if I am swinging the driver like it is iron. The club head lags behind my hands on the downswing. I even have had the situation where I ground the driver L .

At the driving range, I try every different swing imaginable (besides the correct one obviously) and I cannot make anything work consistently. What is so infuriating about the situation is I may have a couple rounds straight, where I hit my driver straight and 240.  I know I would benefit greatly from lessons, but currently am strapped for cash.

My goals in golf are nothing to ambitious. I would love to be able to show up at a course, play a round with co-workers, not slow down the pace, and hit in the 90-100 range. It seems like a lot to ask right now though…

I humbly ask for any sort of help you all could offer…

Thank you

Do you have the means to get some video of your swing? Even cell phone camera quality would be better than nothing. You can learn the basics of how to do it here:

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Otherwise we've got nothing to go on. Some you hit left, some you hit right. Some you hit too low, some you hit too high. About the only thing that can be diagnosed from that general description is a lack of consistency!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In hindsight, it is ridiculous to think anything could be diagnosed from a general description of problem. I will hopefully update later tonight with (poor quality) swing video.

Thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

This is my swing video. It was recorded using a cell phone @ 30fps. I have slowed it down using imovie but there is still much to be desired (much like the golf swing).

I have included 2 swings from each view. A 9 iron was used...

Let me know if any other information is needed. I do appreciate any help you have to offer.

I realize now that I put a video of an iron shot when I origonally was complaining of poor driver performance.

I have no issue with the ball flight on a "perfect" contact. My problem stems from EXTREMELY inconsistent ball striking.

Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!