IGNORED

My Swing (qasimmohammad)

qasimmohammad
Note: This thread is 4495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks good for only playing a short time.  Here's what I see.

Quasi 1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like in the swings above, KJ has turned his hips more

Quasi 2.jpg

Quasi 3.jpg

Also in the swings of KJ, right elbow is further forward

On this last one, notice how what the elbows are doing effects the steepness of the shaft.

Quasi 4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks mvmac, really appreciate.

Can you elaborate point no 2 please "the right elbow needs to move down and forward"

I'm going to head to the range and try to make the adjustments. Should i take it step at a time? If so what should the order be? secondly, are there any drills u know of for these?

How would i know I'm doing these right? Make another video I guess?

Down and forward means looking more like JB in the 3rd picture.  The elbow is forward, closer to his belly button, rather than behind the right hip.  The video below illustrates a good drill, feel or visual below.  Swinging with a ball between your arms because you can't let them separate.  And go back and see that video uttexas posted

Good luck with the practice.  If you like the information, I'd suggest you become a Supporter which gets you access to the private instruction forum.  Also since you don't have an instructor near you, online lessons would be a good alternative Evolvr

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

Assalam alaikum brother and welcome

I will try to share some thoughts from what i can see of your swing.

Firstly, I think that you are swinging wayyyyyyy too hard. And you are swinging very hard with your arms. The reason you do this, is because your backswing is much bigger/longer than your body allows, and you are therefore losing all the tension in your torso, and also the power, which makes you have to swing harder with the arms.

I would say take the club back no further than what keeping an absolute straight left arm will allow you to, feel the tension built up, and then release

I would also like to share with you the one big and most important difference between beginners like yourself and better players.

Me and many others have realised this at some point after we started playing golf, and often it is the WOW moment that instantly changes your game. Here it is:

The golf swing is not natural at all, and never feels natural. The golf swing is a connected swing, where the arms are tight to the body and you are swinging from the hip. This is what STAYING CONNECTED is all about. Take a 3/4 backswing at most and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, from the take-away to completion, feel that the right elbow is tucked in closely to your side. This will allow you to bring the club in on plane.

Here is Ben Hogan demonstrating it - this is what will take you to a single handicap in a year of practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v;=_AmPuzgBXEM

So remember, NEVER take the club back so far as what you see on TV, you can only do that with extreme flexibility and physical conditioning. Just take it back to where you feel tension and the left arm is still arrow straight.

Start the downswing with a little sideways movement of the hips towards the target.

KEEP RIGHT ELBOW TIGHTLY TUCKED IN TO SIDE AT ALL TIMES

Originally Posted by qasimmohammad

Mvmav- i tried to amend the mistskes u took out earlier.. Is there anyimprovement?

video?

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 4495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!