IGNORED

" PGA TOUR Live" on XM 146 . . . golf on radio anyone?

RX Phoenix
Note: This thread is 6282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We don't get the Golf Channel unless upgrading to the digital package

But if you go to the PGA home page http://www.pgatour.com/ they have had a link to a LIVE internet radio broadcast, I listened to the first two days of the Sony Open, and was free. It's XM satellite 146 and this is the first time I've ever heard golf on radio, seems impossible to enjoy, but . . . they do a great job!

There are a lot of interviews and behind the scenes stuff that you don't get as much of on TV.

PGA is also introducing TourCast, an amazing internet service which allows you to track every shot taking place in a tournament, it has so much data and features truly incredible, I'm going to try using it today in the 3rd round. http://www.pgatour.com/tourcast/prom...al_active.html

No network golf on weekends is 'insane', may have to upgrade to Golf Channel, but for now I can really get a feel for what is going on with the radio and the TourCast feature, also have a leaderboard page open able to see the entire field at all times.

In the future when watching network golf I'll have the internet open too for the added features.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

I've had the Golf Channel since the end of '95 and I've been listening to XM146 since it came on the air. I like to listen to Peter Kessler's show on the way to the golf course. I Tivo all the episodes of "Playing Lessons With The Pros" and watch them whenever I get the chance. The one where Gary Player gave tips about bunker play really helped me out. I just love to hear what those guys are thinking as they set up for each shot.

Dude, Channel 146 is the best! I'm a heavy commuter, including a lot of middle-of-the-days. It's great to have something to follow the Tour with. They do great. Even the leaderboard scrolls through your radio dial as you're listening!

For someone like me who spends time in the car, the XM has saved my bacon by keeping me up on the latest of whatever tourney is on.

I also like the interviews and their stories are somewhat relelvant. They teach you a lot about the players and their backgrounds - not their favorite color or something stupid that TV announcers do.

I only wish they had more foreign announcers. The accent sounds so cool!
"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

I was on the road for last year's Open Championship and the 2005 US Open. I listened to the XM146 coverage for both tournaments and I thought it was great. I didn't feel like I missed anything by not watching it on TV.

Note: This thread is 6282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!