IGNORED

My swing (hacker92188)

hacker92188
Note: This thread is 4701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello ladies and gentleman, I am a new member. I have been lurking around for a couple weeks or so and finally decided to join this great forum, so that i could share my experiences and possibly improve my game.

I have attached a video of my driver swing and would like to know if anybody could give me any good advice. The video was taken during my first round of the year and i have vastly improved my balance since it was taken, so that part is fixed. But is there anything else that pops out? I hit my driver about 250 yds but with a terrible slice the majority of the time. I have recently started playing my slice to try and compensate for it, but i would really like to fix it. I feel like if i could hit my driver straight i would improve my game a lot, since i wont be trying to recover on every hole. If anybody has any advice and/or drills i could use to improve my swing, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!!

the video isn't a true down the line view and the swing happens quickly, so difficult to see much. Please post a video behind you shooting down the stance line. Please include a face on view. There are a few things I see--ball too far away from you at set up, too flat a shoulder turn, loss of connection of the arms relative to each other and torso; but the primary issue is not getting enough weight and movement forward in the downswing. Push your hips forward on the downswing. Make some swings really pushing your right leg straight on the down swing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Not a bad swing...seen a lot worse.

Originally Posted by uttexas

the video isn't a true down the line view and the swing happens quickly, so difficult to see much.

Please post a video behind you shooting down the stance line. Please include a face on view.

There are a few things I see--ball too far away from you at set up,

I think that is one of the reasons why you are losing your balance on the follow through, but you said you fixed this, so it is hard to know what you are doing now.

I think it really helps to get a quality video...even trying to stop this one, it is hard to see more than a few frames that actually occur during the swing.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

You are standing too far away from the ball. You're also bending from the waist rather than properly from the hips and this I believe is also causing your legs to be too straight and  rigid, where there should be a slight flex at the knees. In short, you need to get more athletic in your setup, like a baseball outfielder waiting for action or a basketball player guarding someone. BTW, you kind of look like Big Hoss from Pawn Stars

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 4701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!