IGNORED

$1000.00 Poorer

Note: This thread is 4688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welp I am now $1000.00 poorer, but I couldn't be happier! I just bought a new set of Mizuno MP-63 irons. Went to my local Golfsmith, it was actually ranked #1 in the Southwest for fitting by GolfDigest. After hitting the Ap2, 63 and 53 side by side for about 45 min I came to the conclusion that I liked the 63 most. I then proceeded to get fitted for a shaft through Mizuno's shaft optimizer- my results came up with my flex being between Stiff and X-Stiff, I chose the stiff and it gave me the DG S300 as my best fit with the Project X 5.5 in second. Then hit the lie board and everything came up as standard lie and length (after being measured). He said i could get it bent 1* upright if i wanted to, but to try out the standard lie for a bit and if i felt i needed the 1* upright they would be able to do it for free. Luckily for me they still had one set left in the back!

The overall experience of finding and getting fitted for new clubs is sort of a rush. The guys at Golfsmith were very helpful and knowledgable about their fitting.

total bill was around $988.00 (that includes some other purchases I made while there)

We finally got rain here in Houston, but that means I now have to wait a day or two to take them to the range. Can't wait to play with them this weekend!!!

In the Bag: 

MP 001 9* Stiff shaft

MP-63 3-PW DG S300

Burner Rescue 18* Stiff

56* and 60*

White Ice #1

Pro v1

I'm in the same boat, but I went with Discount Dan's so I got a great deal.  I got 4-PW and 2 MPT-11 wedges for less than $900, retails at over $1000.  I love that place....

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

I think you'll love the Mizuno's, I got a set of MP-58's this year and they are really sweet. I didn't get a chance to hit the 63's but I did try out the 68's and they were very cool also. All of the Mizuno's that I tried have great feel.

Note: This thread is 4688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!