IGNORED

Lamkin Crossline vs. GolfPride Tour Velvet

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which grip do you prefer?

• Lamkin Crossline
    • Golfpride Tour Velvet

I have the Tour Velvets but never used the Lamkin Crosslines, so I have to go with the Golf Prides.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

I like the Lamkin. I think they hold up longer than the GP. With golf pride I found I had to regrip more than once a year. I have also found that, at least for me, the lamkin are a tad cheaper.

My thoughts exactly, and then some...

I (like a few others) have also found the grip to be a bit firmer, and I feel that its pattern is more aggressive, which I absolutely enjoy about them ...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

• 4 years later...

I have had both of these and in fact had about a 50/50 split through my irons at the beginning of last year.    Comparing new to new, they were very similar in feel and traction.   Both have what I would call an aggressive or rough feel that makes me feel like I get very good traction between the club and my hands/glove.  But after about a third of the season, I felt the GP's had become too smooth/slick (even though I clean my grips after every round), whereas the Lambkin's still gave me confidence that I didn't need to choke the living hell out of the club.   At that point, I regripped the rest of the irons with Lambkins and still have the same grips on all my clubs.   Based on the way they feel and seem to wear, I don't really see me changing them for a while yet.

That is my personal experience with both.   Others may have different preferences and thus feel exactly the opposite.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!