• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hacker805

Hello from the Central Coast of CA

4 posts in this topic

Hey there everyone.  I'm a relitive newbie to golf and a otal newbie to this forum.  Just looking for some info and pointers to improve my game so I can beat my wife.  Terrible huh?

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Check out the Instruction area for some tips to help your game. http://thesandtrap.com/forum/list/6/instruction-and-playing-tips

Welcome!

Alan

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where in the Central Coast?

(...I grew up in the Santa Ynez Valley...)

Welcome.  I also lived in the Central Coast of California for quite of few years.  What part are you from?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I still remember my first couple of rounds playing strokeplay from the backtees on my home course. Because I went down to under hcp 15 I had to play in cat1 group, before that I only played Stableford from the medal tees. First couple of times 100+ scores as a hcp 14. I even got so fed up with this strokeplay, I picked up a couple of times. It took me two handfull of rounds to get used to it. later I played as a single digit player twice a strokeplay tournament on a nice but to me unknown course and scored both times 103. This year I will play it for the third time, to break that record. Strokeplay, no esc will get into his head. I would bet on it.
    • Obviously keeping your left leg flexed longer is the key.  For me, the problem has been straightening the right leg, but in theory any straightening that lifts you away from the ball is not good. What I have started doing is not flexing my knees that much when setting up.  They are not locked, but they are pretty straight.  I've never done this before but it has helped to keep me balanced and not do the lift-down-lift move.  My head doesn't move as much and I can lift my left heel on the backswing without lifting my upper body.  I also feel that I'm not fighting as much to get to the left side.  I'm getting more consistent contact and it seems to be easier on my body. I have no idea if it will help you at all and I'm just throwing it out in case you can't use a drill to fix your issue. John  
    • Hi guys been having trouble with my account or I wouldn't be so spotty... Anyways I been looking to upgrade my entire bag and am slowly but surely. I just ordered my new irons 716 AP1 and can't be more excited. I was just wondering what you guys thought on how hard it's going to be to adjust to them coming from TM Burner plus irons. I'm sure they will be a half to a full club longer due the stronger lofts, but how much more forgiving could they be. I really hope the long irons will be a tad bit easier to hit than mine currently are. Thanks for any and all feedback and remember the goal is to keep it in the short grass lol 
    • I love grilling steaks. I've cooked them caveman style right on the charcoal, a grate over my chimney starter, reverse sear, 700* grill, you name it I've done it. I haven't tried the sous vide method yet, but it's similar to a reverse sear in the oven then 30 seconds on a hot grill grate. My favorite cut is a big 3lb cowboy ribeye. I'll eat a filet at a steakhouse, but the ribeye is king when I'm grilling at home. 
    • 5/24:  Another rainy day (and my yard is soaked), so kept it light, and indoors.  Looks good to play tomorrow, finally, though.
      5 mins. wall drill indoors, no club; focus on keeping backside into wall through impact
      A couple of mins. in front of mirror; focused on checkups for setup position, then at each position through impact
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Golfgirl10543
      Golfgirl10543
      (43 years old)
    2. jkettman
      jkettman
      (28 years old)
    3. old man1953
      old man1953
      (64 years old)