IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I put little faith in either of those articles.. 1) One if basically a copy and paste of the other..  2) The biased reporting and nitpicking was obvious, such as the comment of declining a photo op by a Sky "attractive" female... What does the attractive female part have to do with ANYTHING..  This just shows me that the author has a view or agenda they wish to push..

If a few issues are all they can pick during an entire week, how sad has sports reporting become.. I expect this behavior in politics.. I'm sure there is MUCH not written here that doesn't agree to the BS the author was trying to push..

The Sky "attractive" female is inaccurate. The person in question works for European Tour Productions not Sky (a distinction often lost on the Media) - it wasn't a 'photo op' but a request for a green screen shoot (lasting approx three minutes) which is something all players on tour are expected to do. She is quite attractive though .

The fact remains that Bubba and his manager handled the week badly and missed a great opportunity to cement a massive fan base in the UK (and Europe). They are aware of this and will no doubt make every effort to put this right in future.

We shall see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by ThominOH

I put little faith in either of those articles.. 1) One if basically a copy and paste of the other..  2) The biased reporting and nitpicking was obvious, such as the comment of declining a photo op by a Sky "attractive" female... What does the attractive female part have to do with ANYTHING..  This just shows me that the author has a view or agenda they wish to push..

If a few issues are all they can pick during an entire week, how sad has sports reporting become.. I expect this behavior in politics.. I'm sure there is MUCH not written here that doesn't agree to the BS the author was trying to push..

Originally Posted by Journeyman

The Sky "attractive" female is inaccurate. The person in question works for European Tour Productions not Sky (a distinction often lost on the Media) - it wasn't a 'photo op' but a request for a green screen shoot (lasting approx three minutes) which is something all players on tour are expected to do. She is quite attractive though .

The fact remains that Bubba and his manager handled the week badly and missed a great opportunity to cement a massive fan base in the UK (and Europe). They are aware of this and will no doubt make every effort to put this right in future.

We shall see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

You prove my point.. You said it was not a sky rep, but in fact this was the quote from BOTH articles, "Also Watson’s been ‘difficult’ all week by declining simple requests for interviews and even an approach from one of SKY’s more attractive female employees to film a head shot of him during the informality of Wednesday’s Pro-Am"..  Like I said, I wouldn't trust what biased or inaccurate reporters write down..

TY for verifying that the SKY comment by the reporter was inaccurate :)

I don't think you realise hot attractive Di actually is

Her beauty must be reported at all times.

And also, there's been hundreds of various reports written by golf writers both sides of the pond. People should stop fixating on the poor writing on the 2 links I sadly posted.

So you've proved (with my help) that those two accounts are inaccurate.

However, this doesn't take away from the fact that Bubba and his manager failed to talk to all but one broadcaster in the lead up to the tournament (Danish TV?!), miss handled the two post round Sky interviews and upset fellow players and caddies.

They clearly didn't cover themselves in glory and as I've repeatedly said, have acknowledged this fact.

One thing has been frequently overlooked. Bubba complained (off camera) about the number of cameras on him, saying he could play better at home. Interesting that a player who's been given a half million pound watch (or whatever) to wear because of his TV profile, suddenly becomes allergic to the cameras when his round falls apart.

Toys out of the pram.

You prove my point.. You said it was not a sky rep, but in fact this was the quote from BOTH articles, "Also Watson’s been ‘difficult’ all week by declining simple requests for interviews and even an approach from one of SKY’s more attractive female employees to film a head shot of him during the informality of Wednesday’s Pro-Am"..  Like I said, I wouldn't trust what biased or inaccurate reporters write down..

TY for verifying that the SKY comment by the reporter was inaccurate :)

Originally Posted by deasy55

I don't think you realise hot attractive Di actually is

Her beauty must be reported at all times.

And also, there's been hundreds of various reports written by golf writers both sides of the pond. People should stop fixating on the poor writing on the 2 links I sadly posted.

Your two post prove what I'm saying and what happens in the news realm all the time..  ONE guy writes it and the next thing you see is 6 more that rewrite or re-paste what the first reporter said..  As the old saying goes.. Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear..  And with today's photoshop, even that is subject to scrutiny.. lol

Anyways, unless you were there and are privy to all the events and chat, all you're doing is fueling a story based on opinion.. :) and in my opinion biased opinion..

Hang on. Just becuase I posted that the story was inaccurate (i.e the female in question wasn't a Sky employee but one from European Tour Productions) doesn't mean the whole report is innacurate. The refusal of a green screen shoot did happen, as did the other things I've frequently posted about. Now whether you think that matters or not is up to you.

Your two post prove what I'm saying and what happens in the news realm all the time..  ONE guy writes it and the next thing you see is 6 more that rewrite or re-paste what the first reporter said..  As the old saying goes.. Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear..  And with today's photoshop, even that is subject to scrutiny.. lol

Anyways, unless you were there and are privy to all the events and chat, all you're doing is fueling a story based on opinion.. :) and in my opinion biased opinion..

Hang on. Just becuase I posted that the story was inaccurate (i.e the female in question wasn't a Sky employee but one from European Tour Productions) doesn't mean the whole report is innacurate. The refusal of a green screen shoot did happen, as did the other things I've frequently posted about. Now whether you think that matters or not is up to you.

It proves everything.. The original reporter was biased and inaccurate.. Then other reporters that followed along by simply taking the originals article as fact and re-pasting have LOST any credibility to me as well..  This is simple tabloid news writing and unprofessional..  Where are the fact checks?  I bet there was NONE, This was nothing more then an editorial opinion of a course of events that have proven to be false.. Rather it's with one thing or multiple..

I'm sorry you feel somewhat dissed that I refuse to jump on the "lets bash Bubba" bandwagon, based on this tabloid news..  I wasn't there, and none of us know the entire facts and conversations that took place :)   Have a great day..

If it was all made up then why did Bubba apologise instead of denying it and saying what really happened? Why hasn't SSP Chowrasia come out and say that that story about the courtesy car was inncorrect? Why didn't Nicolas Colsaerts or his caddy say that they didn't have a few harsh words with Bubba? Why didn't Stuart Appleby apologise for the things he mentioned on twitter? Why did all the major golf news outlets post a story that was completely made up and not have anyone even attempt to make them retract the statements? Why didn't the past players who are now Sky Sports commentators say they had got it wrong and apologised to Bubba the next time they were broadcasting? Why did the French Open Tournament Director say that Bubba didn't behave in the way players are expected to?

And why is it a biased opinion(in your opinion, as you so beautifully added in to make me look like an idiot when I reply)? Biased in what respect? Because I'm a European? If it had happened in Texas or whatever I would still be calling him out on it. It was posted in American media too, you know. And I had always liked Bubba (he was my 2nd favourite golfer, as I stated earlier on in this thread). I gave him a pass on the Steve Elkington incident because I decided that everyone makes some bad decisions in life. Now I realise that Bubba is just like that all the time. I sadly agree with Christina Kim's opinion about him. And I am very sad to say this because, like I said, he was my 2nd favourite golfer and always pulled for him when he was in contention (even lost a good bit of money betting on him over the last few years (I had €10 on him to win the PGA last year))

Quote:

Not 'dissed' at all. If anything, I've retreated slightly from my Bubba bashing following the acknowledgments of mistakes and pledges of doing better from his manager this past week.

I find it strange however, that you use a fairly minor and easily made mistake (the ETP / Sky thing) to dismiss the entire report.

You accept my version of the female in question's employment status yet not anything else I've reported. Double standards?

You have a great day too.

It proves everything.. The original reporter was biased and inaccurate.. Then other reporters that followed along by simply taking the originals article as fact and re-pasting have LOST any credibility to me as well..  This is simple tabloid news writing and unprofessional..  Where are the fact checks?  I bet there was NONE, This was nothing more then an editorial opinion of a course of events that have proven to be false.. Rather it's with one thing or multiple..

I'm sorry you feel somewhat dissed that I refuse to jump on the "lets bash Bubba" bandwagon, based on this tabloid news..  I wasn't there, and none of us know the entire facts and conversations that took place :)   Have a great day..

And yet http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/jul/01/bubba-watson-unhappy-fans-french-open/ paints a different picture then other articles posted.. I have more reason to believe Golfweek then a poster or blogger with an agenda.. There are always 3 sides to every story or situation.. 1 from the left, 1 from the right and the TRUTH in the middle :)

Why would a poster/blogger have an agenda against a golfer? And I like the way you complain of biased articles and then post a biased article yourself (since what article isn't biased)

You seem very defensive of Bubba. Why is their no golfer/management/media/family member/even himself defending him?

And yet  http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/jul/01/bubba-watson-unhappy-fans-french-open/  paints a different picture then other articles posted.. I have more reason to believe Golfweek then a poster or blogger with an agenda.. There are always 3 sides to every story or situation.. 1 from the left, 1 from the right and the TRUTH in the middle :)

Anyway this thread is old. Can we all stop bumping it please. We all have our set opinions about him. I would prefer to post about the Scottish Open and the upcoming Open Championship.

C.jpg

This person ^

Needs to do more of this v

article-1250255-080D00BF000005DC-726_468x315.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Journeyman

I don't particularly take sides re. Bubba who on that occasion came over as someone completely out of his comfort zone,which is a time your deficiencies have an uncanny knack of appearing.

Also I'm sure your version of the events are as you say.

But, by saying  'the TV presenter' is employed by the Euro Tour and not Sky sports is putting more than a little spin on your post?

She regularly appears on the Sky Sports presentations of the Euro Tour and always interviews players post match. And I'm sure like the overwhelming  majority of Sky Sports Euro Golf viewers believe she is employed by them

Click on this website, then click Golf and enjoy the spoof advert which includes the delectable Di ( you will know which one is her!)

. http://www.skysports.com/presenters

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

The femaile in question isn't Di Dougherty (who wasn't even in France), but an assistant producer.

I've never mentioned any 'TV presenters'

No spin. Just honest facts

Originally Posted by Vermeer

Journeyman

I don't particularly take sides re. Bubba who on that occasion came over as someone completely out of his comfort zone,which is a time your deficiencies have an uncanny knack of appearing.

Also I'm sure your version of the events are as you say.

But, by saying  'the TV presenter' is employed by the Euro Tour and not Sky sports is putting more than a little spin on your post?

She regularly appears on the Sky Sports presentations of the Euro Tour and always interviews players post match. And I'm sure like the overwhelming  majority of Sky Sports Euro Golf viewers believe she is employed by them

Click on this website, then click Golf and enjoy the spoof advert which includes the delectable Di ( you will know which one is her!)

.http://www.skysports.com/presenters

I should probably add for sake of clarification that you're right about Di - she is employed by Sky.

Well, at least I got that right!

I'm sure posters will enjoy the advert.

Note: This thread is 4655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!