IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure he didn't get the money but he would if he would have made the cut... can you understand my point? Man I am getting bored trying to explain the obvious.

The majority of top athletes are arrogant? Don't think so... but it just doesn't justify him about being arrogant anyway imho

Do you need a supporting evidence to believe Bubba was payed to play in Europe? please...

I think arrogance don't help anybody to go anywhere, sacrifice and hard work do. Arrogance just make you look a pathetic imho expecially when you don't make the cut

"We are all ignorant to some extent about something": of course I am not Leonardo Da Vinci but we are not talking about rocket science, but about basic knowledge of geography, think less than high school level or maybe less?

About the last part, thank you for calling me "ignorant" with the "kind of" and the smiley, it kinda seems less bad, very nice attitude!

Originally Posted by shades9323

I have no idea why Bubba went to play in France.  Perhaps there would have been an appearance fee had he made the cut, which he did not.  Thus, no appearance fee. If Bubba says he didn't get an appearance fee I'll believe him until someone from the Euro Tour says otherwise. I see no one from the Euro Tour saying that Bubba was paid the fee.  I may have missed it though.  If they have, please link it and perhaps I'll change my mind.

You speak of facts, but show no supporting evidence for you assertation that he was paid. I could buy that he is arrogant and ignorant. The majority of professional athletes and persons at the top of their profession are arrogant. Arrogance helped to get them where they are. We are all ignorant to some extent about something. If you say you aren't, you are kidding yourself. Now, most of us aren't going to outwordly show our ignorance like Bubba has, but I admire him for not sugar coating things.

This isn't a case of me defending him because he is American. I find it absurd that you would think that. Actually kind of ignorant of you. If this were somebody from another country I would still take the same stance.

Quote:

Explain the obvious?  The thing we are debating is wether or not Bubba got paid to play in France.  Not "if Bubba had made the cut would he have been paid?"  I understand that the Euro Tour pays appearance or other fees to lure the top pros to come to certain events. We are not debating that fact. We are talking specifically about Bubba and the French Open. Thank you for admitting that he DID NOT get paid to play in the French Open.

Yes, the majority of top athletes are arrogant, even in golf.

Yes, if you say Bubba got paid(which above you admitted he did not) I would want someone on the Euro Tour to confirm that fact. Would you convict someone in the court of law without supporting evidence?

Yes, the American education system is lacking in the teachings of foreign cultures. I can't deny that.  Actually it is lacking in a lot of areas, but that is a discussion for another time.

There was not "kind of" inferred by the smiley face.  Do you not believe it ignorant to assume I am only defending him because he is American?

Quote:

Sure he didn't get the money but he would if he would have made the cut... can you understand my point? Man I am getting bored trying to explain the obvious.

The majority of top athletes are arrogant? Don't think so... but it just doesn't justify him about being arrogant anyway imho

Do you need a supporting evidence to believe Bubba was payed to play in Europe? please...

I think arrogance don't help anybody to go anywhere, sacrifice and hard work do. Arrogance just make you look a pathetic imho expecially when you don't make the cut

"We are all ignorant to some extent about something": of course I am not Leonardo Da Vinci but we are not talking about rocket science, but about basic knowledge of geography, think less than high school level or maybe less?

About the last part, thank you for calling me "ignorant" with the "kind of" and the smiley, it kinda seems less bad, very nice attitude!

shades9323 I understand you are defending Bubba but really, going to Europe to play for free and playing in Europe to get a fee, than not making the cut and saying he didn't get any money is different . He sure didn't get the money BUT he went to France BECAUSE OF the money... I know you don't want to admit that but seriously is the last time I am repeating that...

Are you talking about American top athletes or worldwide btw? Just to try to understand your point

I actually don't need somebody to confirm me that Bubba was not payed as I know logically why Bubba went to play on a tour which was not his own, and I know logically why he was not payed, that's pretty simple and logical... I am surprise you refuse to get this...

Actually I am not talking about foreign cultures but about iconic landmarks but this has been discussed before, it's just different here

I think that if we got on this board Americans saying one thing and more or less the rest of the world (with some isolated American exceptions) saying the contrary is pretty logic that you are trying to justify him only because he is American, but trust me this is completely understandable don't worry

I am starting to like this endless conversation, maybe at the end Bubba wwill be my favourite player :D maybe...

Explain the obvious?  The thing we are debating is wether or not Bubba got paid to play in France.  Not "if Bubba had made the cut would he have been paid?"  I understand that the Euro Tour pays appearance or other fees to lure the top pros to come to certain events. We are not debating that fact. We are talking specifically about Bubba and the French Open. Thank you for admitting that he DID NOT get paid to play in the French Open.

Yes, the majority of top athletes are arrogant, even in golf.

Yes, if you say Bubba got paid(which above you admitted he did not) I would want someone on the Euro Tour to confirm that fact.

Yes, the American education system is lacking in the teachings of foreign cultures. I can't deny that.  Actually it is lacking in a lot of areas, but that is a discussion for another time.

There was not "kind of" inferred by the smiley face.  Do you not believe it ignorant to assume I am only defending him because he is American?

Quote:

LOL

Originally Posted by deasy55

And this is why I didn't want to answer the question earlier. Thank god it's not me who got stuck in the catfight

Originally Posted by makaveli

So appearance fees and other fees are only given to the players if they make the cut?

Cat fight must mean something different over there.  Here it is a fight between women.  I know you aren't calling us women!

Originally Posted by deasy55

And this is why I didn't want to answer the question earlier. Thank god it's not me who got stuck in the catfight

Cat fight must mean something different over there.  Here it is a fight between women.  I know you aren't calling us women!

And we all know the best part of a cat fight dont we?

Perhaps it's an Irish thing. It can be either two women fighting........or it can be a pointless fight between anyone. Like describing a bit of a scrap in a football match as "handbags"

I am not disputing the fact that one of the major deciding factors with him playing in Europe was the possiblity of an appearance fee. I have never disputed that actually.  I think you are selling Europe short if you think that is the only reason to come over. I admit that he went to Europe for the money. Better?  My whole contention(and what started this line of discussion) was that he WAS paid, which he was not.  You have admitted such yourself.  I don't know where our breakdown of communication is coming from. In summation, Bubba went to Europe based on money.  Bubba didn't get that money. I think we can both agree here that Bubba did not get paid.

I am saying worldwide.  Perhaps they don't show it outwordly, but most top athletes and people at the top of thier field in business are arrogant. Arrogance is an attitude that you are better than others(perhaps it means something else in Europe, I don't know). Most people don't get to the top by thinking they are just as good or lesser than others. Yes, there are some humble people at the top, but most are arrogant.

The endless discussion breaks up my day at work.

shades9323 I understand you are defending Bubba but really, going to Europe to play for free and playing in Europe to get a fee, than not making the cut and saying he didn't get any money is different. He sure didn't get the money BUT he went to France BECAUSE OF the money... I know you don't want to admit that but seriously is the last time I am repeating that...

Are you talking about American top athletes or worldwide btw? Just to try to understand your point

I actually don't need somebody to confirm me that Bubba was not payed as I know logically why Bubba went to play on a tour which was not his own, and I know logically why he was not payed, that's pretty simple and logical... I am surprise you refuse to get this...

Actually I am not talking about foreign cultures but about iconic landmarks but this has been discussed before, it's just different here

I think that if we got on this board Americans saying one thing and more or less the rest of the world (with some isolated American exceptions) saying the contrary is pretty logic that you are trying to justify him only because he is American, but trust me this is completely understandable don't worry

I am starting to like this endless conversation, maybe at the end Bubba wwill be my favourite player :D maybe...

Likewise I am not going to change my mind unless I see evidence(proof) that supports that he was paid.  I am inclined to believe the story since the writer seems to have interviewed Bubba for the story. After all that has happened, why would Bubba put a lie out there which if proven as a lie would make him look even worse?

I am not disputing the fact that one of the major deciding factors with him playing in Europe was the possiblity of an appearance fee. I have never disputed that actually.  I think you are selling Europe short if you think that is the only reason to come over. I admit that he went to Europe for the money. Better?  My whole contention(and what started this line of discussion) was that he WAS paid, which he was not.  You have admitted such yourself.  I don't know where our breakdown of communication is coming from. In summation, Bubba went to Europe based on money.  Bubba didn't get that money. I think we can both agree here that Bubba did not get paid.

I am saying worldwide.  Perhaps they don't show it outwordly, but most top athletes and people at the top of thier field in business are arrogant. Arrogance is an attitude that you are better than others(perhaps it means something else in Europe, I don't know). Most people don't get to the top by thinking they are just as good or lesser than others. Yes, there are some humble people at the top, but most are arrogant.

The endless discussion breaks up my day at work.

Despite missing the cut and allegedly missing out on an appearance fee - Bubba did get 'paid' for playing that week. In the form of sponsor's bonuses.

Do you have other explanations of why Bubba was playing the French Open?

Originally Posted by Callahan14

So appearance fees and other fees are only given to the players if they make the cut?

That is not the crux of the discussion.  We are discussing the Euro Tour paying him an appearance fee.  Sponsor bonus's are irrelevant to the conversation.

Now, lets talk about your point. I think it is interesting that his sponsors would pay him a bonus for poor performance.  Can you link the article you got this info from?  I would like to read it.

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Despite missing the cut and allegedly missing out on an appearance fee - Bubba did get 'paid' for playing that week. In the form of sponsor's bonuses.

Perhaps he is a fan of Le Tour and he wanted to ride around in circles where the pros do!

Do you have other explanations of why Bubba was playing the French Open?

Firstly, I was responding to the assumption that Bubba did not get 'paid' at all which several posters seemed to think must be the case, so hardly 'irrelevant'.

Secondly, I'm afraid there is no 'article' for you to read. I, unlike some on here, do not get all my information from articles. Life is not just lived on the interweb.

That is not the crux of the discussion.  We are discussing the Euro Tour paying him an appearance fee.  Sponsor bonus's are irrelevant to the conversation.

Now, lets talk about your point. I think it is interesting that his sponsors would pay him a bonus for poor performance.  Can you link the article you got this info from?  I would like to read it.

Dude why is so hard to understand that Bubba was payed - in a way or another - to play in a tour which is not his own? I think is quite obvious...

Where did you get your info from?  Do you have insider info?  If so, you need to share more.  We will eat it up.

It is irrelevant to the discussion of an appearance fee by the Euro Tour, which is what we are discussing.

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Firstly, I was responding to the assumption that Bubba did not get 'paid' at all which several posters seemed to think must be the case, so hardly 'irrelevant'.

Secondly, I'm afraid there is no 'article' for you to read. I, unlike some on here, do not get all my information from articles. Life is not just lived on the interweb.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that the only payment I am discussing is an appearance fee paid by the Euro Tour?  I don't give two Ricardo Ricco's about any other payment Bubba MAY have received by anybody outside the Euro Tour.

I understand that he may have gotten sponsors bonuses.  He also gets those for playing on his own tour. I am not discussing the merits of any other pay outside of the appearance fee.  I thought we cleared that up.

Here is the question that is being discussed: "Did Bubba Watson receive an appearance fee from the European Tour?" The answer is no he did not.

/end discussion

Dude why is so hard to understand that Bubba was payed - in a way or another - to play in a tour which is not his own? I think is quite obvious...

Quote:

Here is the question that is being discussed: "Did Bubba Watson receive an appearance fee from the European Tour?" The answer is no he did not.

/end discussion

And you know this how? We don't know either way. It's unlikely he wasn't offered one but we don't know either way. I emailed the promoter earlier to see would he reply (extremely unlikely) and clear this up.

Your opinion doesn't "/end discussion". That's just being arrogant

Note: This thread is 4658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!