IGNORED

My Swing (MPS67)

MPS67
Note: This thread is 4683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm glad I recently acquired a video camera to record my swing. It's much worse than I thought. It's true when people say "What we feel isn't necessarily real."

Please review my swings with an 8 iron and driver. And please feel free to forward any criticism.

Thank you in advance,

Mark (MPS67)

WHen you swing back, your body weight moved towards the target.

When you swing down, your body weight moved back.

I think that you are swaying all over the place.

I'm sure that some ppl more experienced than me can give you some tips.

He's right. You've got a reverse pivot going on, with your weight shifting towards the target on the backswing, and then away from the target on the downswing. You should practice making half or 3/4 swings with a narrow stance, concentrating on keeping your weight from shifting towards the target on the backswing. Then as you get comfortable with that feeling, you can start making bigger swings with a wider stance.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Sai-Jin & Tiger Spuds, thank you for your insight! Tiger Spuds, I will work on your recommended drills this week.

I'm wondering if have excessive bend with my forward knee during the back swing, and if this move is promoting some of my swaying and reverse pivot. Do you feel that reducing the knee bend could help reduce my reverse pivot fault?

Thanks again :)

Mark. knee bend.bmp

I dont think the knee bend matters to much so long as you can correct the weight transfer issue and that it is not causing your torso to "dip" into the ball, that will cause all sorts of downswing correctional issues

if the way you swing is comfortable (apologies i cant see it as works computer is naff, jsut going by the comments) then you have two options i believe

1) work on shifting your weight properly and ensure you are not heading towards the target, this could be just something you could learn, or less knee flex could help? you need to try and see what feels comfortable

2) if you have big knee movement, which means your weight is moving towards the target at the backswing, then on the downswing push the hips forward and continue that weight moving forward in a stack and tilt style swing

the narrow stance drill can help alot as mentioned above, so long a syou find something comfortable for you that works is all that matters

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

1) I can see that you are finishing with your hip pointing at 2 o'clock if 12 o;clock is a straight down the target line.  you must push all your shots to the right.

2) your rear leg is straight up and not bent

3) you weight has not transfered to your front foot

4) simple fix is to practice your back swing turn and forward release with your feet together, knees slightly bent and maintain the level knee bend throughout the entire swing.

You have a nice and powerful swing you will hit the ball more consistently and straighter if you work on your back swing position and weight transfer and finishing with your hips pointing square to the target.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 4683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!