IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I picked up mine off of Ebay for a big discount. If you know what you're looking for and are patient, you can get a great deal. I also picked up a Titleist 585 for less than $70.00. I'm very pleased with that purchase, as well.

Thanks, thats good to know, i will keep an eye out for a deal. Ideally i would like the D2 and not the D1, how was the transition from the 983 to the D2, besides the bigger head size, was it much harder to hit?

WITB:
983k 9.5 - Aldila NV65
Apex Hybrid
755 - Project X flighted - 4-PW
Vokey 200 Series - 52 Vokey SM - 56,60 Rossa Mezza Monza

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlimar 440 with an Aldila R shaft. Bought it 3 years ago when i was just getting back into golf after many years. At the time, i hit it against Taylors, Callaways, Pings... it just felt the best, sounded the best, and equalled the longest of the others.
Now after about 300 rounds, and an improving golf game, I'm thinking of getting something new. I tried a Taylor R7 425, and hit it much straighter, and was hitting controlled draws and fades, whereas i'm always fighting a slice on the Orlimar (I hit the occasional fade with my 3 and 4 iron, but am basically a straight hitter).

I use to be a Callaway exclusive till about maybe a year ago when I attended a fitting session with Titleist. I got fitted and picked the 905R , Loved it , but again when the 907d2 came out I went and got fitted again and ....wow! it is even better. But now I started thinking its not about the head of the driver its more of what kind of shaft the driver have. I have my old callaway fitted with the same shaft my new drivers have and boom suddenly it responding well. Maybe its just all in my mind.....

905R or 907D2 9.5* Fujikura Speeder X-stiff
GS Tour 3W
R7 Fairway Wood 5
Burner Rescue Hybrid 3H
755 iron set 4-PW Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60* Studio Design Black Laguna, 35" Tour Issue One Black CB641 Caddy Bag Japan Model

Taylor Made Burner 10.5 with Regular Flex stock shaft. I love it.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

Good distance and correction. Mishits go 90% of regular distance and stay relatively straight. When I hit my driver well it really goes.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

currently have a cleveland Hibore xl 10.5 with the red stiff shaft. BUt recently have been bouncing back to my NIke sasquatch with a nvs 65g stiff shaft.

Driver: G10 10.5 v2 shaft
3 wood: g10
Irons: I5's green dot
Putter: G5 anser
Wedges: CG12, 52*, 56*Ball: : E6+

I just picked up a x460 tour 9.5* with the Aldila NVS 65. Went to the range during lunch to strike a bucket and it felt great.

My first driver was a PING Eye 2, then I moved up to the PING ISI and now I'll probably have this driver for 5 years. I carried the ISI around 210-220yds, it's an 8.5* too. I was carrying the x460 240-250yds. I picked it up for $160. Money well spent in my book.

My bag:
X460 Tour
Eye 2 3 and 5 woods
Eye 2 3-PW
Vokey SM 56*
Ray Cook MG-2 putter (I'm currently looking for a replacement)

I've got a 905R in 9.5° loft with an Aldila NV-65 stiff shaft, which I got fitted for after I managed to snap my 975J 8.5° (And I got it at less than half retail price, they were selling them of at the local golf shop when they got the 907D:s in. Couldn't hit those very well anyway). I hit very few poor drives now, but I struggle to get really crisp contact and as good distance as with my old 975J. I guess the massive head (by my standards) takes some getting used to.

In my bag:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 11.5°, UST Proforce V2 85X
Wood: Titleist 909F2 15.5°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 95X
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood 20°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 105X
Irons: Titleist AP2 4-GW, TTDG X100, 1° weak (except the 4i), 1° flat 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM56.14, SM60.07, TTDG X100, 1° flat

Callaway FT-5 9.5, V2 65 stiff.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

Nike SQ SUMO 9.5* Diamana Regular shaft

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I just bought a nearly new Adams Redline RPM 9.5* with the Graffalloy Blue shaft.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Just traded in my cleveland Hibore XL, for a ping G10 with the v2 shaft. Thank goodness for golfsmith's 90/90 policy. They gave me more than what they are selling new for, They seem to have dropped $50 or so in price from 2 months ago.

Driver: G10 10.5 v2 shaft
3 wood: g10
Irons: I5's green dot
Putter: G5 anser
Wedges: CG12, 52*, 56*Ball: : E6+

I'm using a Cobra 414 Comp from a few years ago. I know when I got it that it was one of the first to use a composit crown and its been pretty good for me as I've progressed in the game. My good drives have been going way deeper than I ever had before but I have started to lose my consistency with it and recently did a launch monitor session and need to step up to a stiff shaft apparently.

I'm liking the Superquad and the 907D2. Anyone found either of these to be more consistent for them?

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

Titleist 907 D2
Well I did it I broke down and bought a new driver. I have been reading a lot about the Titleist 907 D2. I had demoed one awhile back on a launch monitor and was impressed by how forgiving it was. Off center shots were not that bad usually only 7 to 10 yards off center. Our foursome went on a road trip and I found one and couldn’t pass up the price. It was a demo and they were clearing them out. Sweet! It’s a 907 D2, 9.5*, S flex, UST Proforce V2 75 and it’s very clean, absolutely no marks. Well today I took it and my R7 Quad to the range. After warming up I hit about 25 drives with the Titleist 907 D2 , Wow! When I swung at 80% I hit every drive down the middle and at least 285 to 295. When I swung all out I only missed 2 out of 10 drives, 80% is very good and they were deep down the range hitting the net 300 yards out 15 to 20 feet up. Now I had to try my R7, its 4 years old and only 400cc so it’s the first model that was made and I really like it, its 9.5* X-flex, Harrison Mungen. When I swing 80% with it I hit only 6 to 7 out of 10 down the middle and when I went all out I only hit 3 to 4 out of 10 down the middle. I have been averaging 283yds.with it this year. The Titleist is as advertized “very forgiving”. After my little comparison I tried shaping shots with the 907, like I said Wow! I never thought that you would be able to work the ball very well with such a big head I was wrong. I could easily work the ball either way. Move over R7 there’s a new big dog in my bag. I can’t wait to get it out on the course this Friday!

I was always a Callaway guy, big bertha, warbird, upto the one I tradedin this may BB II 415 9 Stiff.. traded it in for the Superquad 9.5 Stiff w/ Fujiwhatever shaft..HATED it! Replaced the shaft with an Aldila nv-65, was a little better. My backspin with this "all great driver" was avg'd about 4800rpm! Ball was ballooning! lost an easy 30yds in the switch from the old BB to the new SuperQ. Traded it in @ Golfsmith who gave me what I paid for it (got it @ Golfwrx forsale section) then sold the weights and head cover and made 70 on the club. But I traded it in @ The SMith and bought the 905T 9.5 LOVE it when I hit it right, and a titleist 904 3wood, plust putter and sw. anyways.. This is my 3rd Titleist driver the 905T 9.5 Stiff and I've only used it a few times and I love it! When I get it, I nail it! My misses aren't all that bad either.. easy to work the ball, and good feel.

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I've tried all but right now I'm using a cobra 440sz till I get a new r7 460.

taylormade
callaway
cleveland
titleist
Cobra
Ping
Nike
Mizuno
Bridgestone
Srixon

I'm not a fan of bridgestone and srixon clubs, but their golf balls are awesome

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

Note: This thread is 4024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!