IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

1. Callaway
2. Taylormade
3. Titleist
4. Ping
5. Cobra
6. Mizuno
7. Cleveland
8. Nike
9. Bridgestone
10. Srixon
11. Others (Please specify)
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titleist 905T....used 983K before.....Taylormade R5 and Cleveland composite....not a big fan of callaway or nike or ping.....just don't like the sound and aesthetics

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

Although I'm a Callaway guy, I'd still choose TaylorMade over Callaway. Why? Simply because they're #1 driver in golf. Ok, that's ad talking. Anyway, I love their MWT technology - the ability to shape your shot. Btw, I'm currently using the r7 460cc. Although it doesn't have too much option in changing the result (only straight or draw due to only 2 ports available), but it has helped me eliminate the slice most of the time. A close friend of mine, however, has the r7 425cc. Now, that's the club I'm talking about. It can actually adapt to your current swing. With the stock weights (2-2 grams and 2-12 grams), you'll be able to choose whatever kind of result you're looking for (draw, straight, or fade). But if you decide to get the weight kit, the possibility of different trajectories are even greater.

And now, TaylorMade has the r7 SuperQuad 460cc with 4 weight ports. In other words, r7 425cc and r7 460cc live together in 1 black painted house (yes, the new driver is all black).

So, if you're looking for those kind of features, which I am, TaylorMade is for you. Like I said earlier, it is the #1 driver in golf.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Adams, not one of my clubs is listed in the poll choices, LOL. Difficult to fade.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I really like my Cobra F-Speed. I've only had a driver in the bag for a year or so - the Cobra replaced my Callaway Hawkeye. Unfortunately I bought it before I got fitted and found out I have the wrong shaft stiffness.

I'm thinking I'll probably sell it soon and go get fitted for a new driver this year.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I currently play either the R7 425, or the Nike SQ. I find myself using the R7 more often than not, even though I am longer with the Nike. I just have more control with the R7 so I opt for that at the expense of the distance. I am not real happy with the stock shaft of the Nike so I may either swap it out, or just get rid of the club altogether.

I like Taylor Made..

Current: r7 425

I hope to replace it soon with the r7 Superquad

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I'm still using the R5 and will for a while yet. I am going to change out the shaft this year. I dont really care what name is on the head. I think there is too little credit given to the value of having the right shaft in place.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I love my R7 460 9.5 and won't change for a while(at least 1 season)!
The Superquad looks hot and I like the Callaway X460. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to one of the big golf retailers!

Finally got to take my R7 9° out on the course today.... all I can say is NICE!!!

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

still using an eged Callaway Great Big Bertha with the Warbird sole plate!

Love it, but may swap it for a new model in July of this year....

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I have tried so many different drivers and always come back to Taylor Made. My first was (and still have) Taylor Made System 2 10.5 degree driver. Although I re-shafted it from the "Twist-Flex" to a UST Proforce 65.

I also had:

Taylor Made Ti Bubble
Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 (Still Have)
Taylor Made Firesole (The only one I didn't like)
Taylor Made 320
Taylor Made 580XD
Taylor Made R7 425 (My Current love)

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Ping Rapture is the best I've ever hit.... (and I've hit them all)

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

It seems like Taylormade driver is the most popular so far. I realized that TM drivers have 59 degrees of lie on average, 57 degrees for Titleist on average and 56 degrees for Callaway. Does this difference in lie angle effect performance in any way? If so does it make much of a difference?
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I am currently using a Callaway ERC 2 (yes, the one that is illegal in Competition play in America) and it is an amazing club; havent looked at any other driver ever since i got it a couple of years ago.

That Superquad does look nice though....

Note: This thread is 4044 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!